SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MCX Virtus Pistol 300blk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX Virtus Pistol 300blk Login/Join 
posted
So I went, I saw, and I swipped the ol CC.
Now that I have my new Virtus in 300BlK, do
Ose anyone have recommendations to what brand and grain Ammo to buy and run in it?

Also I noticed when I got home my top rail doesn't line up correctly with the rail on the top of the hand guard, it appears to be sitting slightly higher then the rest.. is this normal or do I need to get with Sig about this issue?

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have the MCX with 9.5" barrel in 300 Blackout. If you could post a photo of the rail issue, it might be possible to give you a better answer.

I’ve tried several different types of ammunition, but settled on Sellier & Bellot 124 grain FMJ for training. Not only was it available (when I bought it) and not outrageously expensive, but I wanted a bullet weight that was at least close to my “serious” load. The latter is the Hornady 110 grain V-MAX.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
2nd one

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
They are not showing for me.
Do you have them linked to a photo hosting site?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed them to you :-)

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I assume you are referring to the mismatch between the two rail sections that I circled—?

If so, my MCX has an offset there as well, but perhaps not quite as much. I had to look very closely at your photo to be sure I was seeing what you are referring to, and therefore I probably wouldn’t worry about it myself. If you mount a mechanical sight on that front section it might require turning it down a bit more than would be necessary if the two sections lined up perfectly, but that’s the only issue I can think it might cause. And of course, for maximum precision the sight should be mounted back on the rail section that’s integral with the upper receiver.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Yes sir, that is exactly what I am referring it, the rail on the band guard section sits a hair or two higher then the rail on the upper itself.

I will send the photos to Sign to see what they say.