SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2011's vs. 1911's: Frame and Grip Dimensions, Holster Compatibility?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011's vs. 1911's: Frame and Grip Dimensions, Holster Compatibility? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
After years, decades, actually, of shunning the 1911 platform and the .45 ACP, I've come to the realization that, not only do I like them both, but the 1911 may suit me better than anything else I've shot.

So I've been thinking of a Government 1911 in 9mm. Then I got to thinking "Hmmm... Maybe a 2011? Maybe even an STI/Staccato?" Then I got to thinking "But my holsters..." (Well, only one holster, so far, but I've more planned.)

Thus the question: Other than grip size, which, depending upon the holster design, may or may not be an issue: Are 2011's holster-compatible with 1911's? That is: Assuming both have, say, Government-sized frames?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I am not sure how you are using the name 2011

2011 was the name of an STI double stack 1911 pattern model that they introduced, I guess in 2011

If you are using 2011 to indicate double stack STI, yes they make a fine product

The only issue you might have with your leather is the difference between a railed frame and a standard frame. Also sometimes the polymer double stacks have a different shape to the trigger guard

This frame was made by BUL in Israel

With the exception of the grip area, all other dimensions are the same as any other 1911.

I use the same leather for my double stacks as well as my single stacks

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post