Find
Notify
Tools

German P226 Login/Join 
posted
Just got a German P226
Looks like it’s never been shot
Dates to 1995.
Both boxes (cardboard and plastic), target, manual.
The grips are rubber? I took them off and they are marked Uncle Mikes. We’re the originals hard plastic? Every photo I’ve seen look like they are the same rubber ones that are on my gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jordonc2,

Posts: 224 | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure those Uncle Mikes Grips are NOT original... Wink

Factory grips were plastic on 1995 'KF' P226's

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8969 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
UM's checkered rubber grips for the P226 look deceptively similar to the factory plastic grips, online. But no, they are not original to the gun.

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jordonc2:
Just got a German P226
Every photo I’ve seen look like they are the same rubber ones that are on my gun.

Thinking that the rubberized grips that are prevalent around that timeframe were made by Hogue.

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every photo I’ve seen look like they are the same rubber ones that are on my gun.

Speaking of photos!!! Where are they?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photos? Not sure how to post.

Posts: 224 | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Uncle Mike's

Factory

Q

Posts: 26522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those UM rubber grips are nice. Have them on my 1988 P226. Look just like the factory plastic ones and not as fat as the Hogue rubber grips. Too bad they no longer make them.

Posts: 270 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
Those UM rubber grips are nice. Have them on my 1988 P226. Look just like the factory plastic ones and not as fat as the Hogue rubber grips. Too bad they no longer make them.

I don't know why Hogue don't make them thinner. It's clearly doable.

Q

posted Hide Post
Never understood that either. It’s a no brainer.

Posts: 270 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had the Uncle Mikes on a P226 and they provided good grip traction without changing that wonderful profile. I like the Hogues just as well. I had the Hogues on 2 of my early P220 pistols. I like those on a ST P220 better than all other grips.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post