SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Polymer 80 glock mags $9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polymer 80 glock mags $9 Login/Join 
posted
Don't know much about them, but Midway has them on sale for $9. Anybody have an info or first hand reviews? They re metal lined like factory mags. Figured they might be good range mags...
https://www.midwayusa.com/maga...8830&Brand=Polymer80

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok I’ll bite.

How can you produce a magazine (any magazine) at $9 bucks, make enough profit to make it worthwhile and not have at the very least QC suffer?

I am not saying these mags are shit as I don’t know I am just saying that Glock factory mags are fairly inexpensive. Magpul mags are cheaper still and fairly well tested. I just cannot imagine experimenting with these mags.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe normal retail is around $24. Midway is just running what they're billing as a one time special purchase. I don't know, seemed like another option besides magpul. I have a few of those as well, I judgment used them much. Posted as an FYI, take it for whatever you will.

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t pooping on your thread just musing about the price point and fact Glock mags by in large are inexpensive.

More options are good however and it will be interested to see how these pan out.

God knows we are getting to a point in history where the next coffee maker I buy will probably use Glock mags. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like inventory clearance, selling at or below cost, retailers do that, maybe hoping you'll buy something else. Glock 17 retail there is $30 a mag... Thinking about ordering 10, at that price I'll double the mag count for my G34 at 1/3 the price, ...

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I figured when the best factory mag prices I've seen lately are around $22 and up from there they might be worth a shot. I miss the $12 gen 4 mags I was buying when they introduced the gen 5 glocks. Even police trade in mags are up around $15 plus a new spring for ~$4. Still better than mags for the cz 97 I just picked up, but kinda steep for a piece of plastic.

posted Hide Post
For beater range Glock mags, I go with MagPul. And watch Gunmagwarehouse for used Glock factory cop turn in mags for cheap.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post