SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210 Target vs Sig P226 XFIVE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 Target vs Sig P226 XFIVE Login/Join 
posted
Need some help with a decision. Cost considerations aside, which one of these extraordinary Sigs would you buy for target shooting: a P210 Target or a Sig P226 XFIVE, assuming both fit your gun hand to perfection?

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfax Station, VA | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
What type of target shooting?
Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
They do not both feel the same in the hand

I prefer the feel of the X-5/6 family of P226 based pistols

However if both pistols fit your hand perfectly, from the standpoint of practicality I would still go with the X-5/6 family of P226 based pistols

Since they use P226 magazines, there will never be a magazine shortage even if the Factory stops supporting the model. The same goes for any part or spring. There are dozens or perhaps hundreds of aftermarket companies that make parts including barrels.

But then the P210 is a classic pistol design and that is enough for some folks

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The trigger on the P210 will be much better than any P226 variant.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Cheers

Indoor targets at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA, out to 15 yards. Aging eyesight is a limiting factor on range distances.

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfax Station, VA | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Which one do you like best? There's your answer Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The trigger on the P210 will be much better than any P226 variant.

"Any"? Nope.

quote:
Originally posted by Handgunner00:
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Cheers

Indoor targets at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA, out to 15 yards. Aging eyesight is a limiting factor on range distances.

15 yards max? I'd say it doesn't matter. If 50 yards, then probably the Swiss made P210. But, as colt_saa said, they do not feel the same. At all.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[ QUOTE]Originally posted by DanH:
The trigger on the P210 will be much better than any P226 variant. [/QUOTE]

Not in my experience ...but my 210 is now at Sig Armorer, so I have high hopes!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are my favorite two pistols. You can’t go wrong with either one .Like others have said see which one fits your hand the best. For me the X-5/6 series fits like they made it for my hand just feels perfect. The X-5/6 Series are the softest shooting pistols that I have shot. They feel like a 22 hardly any recoil at all. But the X-5 is a heavy gun. Magazine capacity is more than double of the P 210 target but since it is going to be a range gun this may not matter much. They are both equally accurate and Awesome guns. Good Luck on your choice. It probably doesn’t matter which one you choose because at some point you will probably want to add the other one to your collection as well. Happy Shooting!

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two completely different pistols that were essentially designed by two different companies.

If we're talking current production, I'll take the X-Five over the P210 Target. I own both.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all, for your informative assessments. This evening, I plan to reevaluate each of these top-of-the-line Sig semi-autos with their reviews and specifications of each and your thoughtful comments all in my left hand with a Waterford crystal glass of Redbreast 12 Irish Whiskey on ice in my right hand. How better to make such an important decision?

posted Hide Post
I have both, but me personally I'd rather the X5. But for aging eyes and 15y the answer is a red dot. And mounting one on these is PIA. And any decent full size metal framed pistol with a decent SAO trigger with a dot will run rings around these shot with irons and aging eyes (ask me how I know that).
at the moment I am in love with the CZ's. But a SAO 226 with a dot would give you much satisfaction.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P210 Target, and it has the best factory trigger of any semi-auto pistol I've ever owned. There's a bit of light take-up (almost like a 2 stage trigger) and hen a perfectly crisp break (at about 2 1/2 lbs.) with zero creep and very little over travel. Wonderful. My CZ TSO also has a fine trigger that breaks at about 1 1/2 lbs. but it has a tiny bit of creep before it breaks. It would be perfect if it was absent any creep like the SIG. I'm anxious to get a new 226 X5 in had to try the trigger and see how it compares.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoy6:
I have the P210 Target, and it has the best factory trigger of any semi-auto pistol I've ever owned. There's a bit of light take-up (almost like a 2 stage trigger) and hen a perfectly crisp break (at about 2 1/2 lbs.) with zero creep and very little over travel. Wonderful. My CZ TSO also has a fine trigger that breaks at about 1 1/2 lbs. but it has a tiny bit of creep before it breaks. It would be perfect if it was absent any creep like the SIG. I'm anxious to get a new 226 X5 in had to try the trigger and see how it compares.

The P210 Target has a fine trigger pull, but the reset is fairly long, weak and quiet, in my opinion.

I prefer the X Five’s trigger.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post