SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock26…your thoughts???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock26…your thoughts??? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I have the Glock 43, a 43X, and a couple of G19.5’s. I love the 43 for concealment but wish it had more capacity. The 43X just has a freakish long grip. I’m exploring getting a 26.3 for my next CCW piece. It’s on our states roster so there’s less drama getting one.

Who carries one? Anyone have any other thoughts?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m a DA/SA guy but the 26 is the best CCW, imo, ever made.

When I daily carried one, I liked the +0 Pearce base plates to get a full grip and carried the factory 12rd magazine for backup. Great package.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I carried A Gen 3 G26 for 10 years. The only reason I'm not still carrying it is that they issued me a P320 SC as a backup, so I switched to that.

I love the G26. I have long hands and fingers, and have a hard time getting a positive grip on most of the tiny, thin autos that are all the rage these days. The G26 gives me just enough girth to get my hands around it for a comfortable length of pull, and the grip length is perfect. I don't use a mag extension...I just tuck my pinkie finger under the bottom of the grip and it locks the gun in nice and tight. I used to qualify better with that gun than I did with my duty gun.

I ankle carried the G26 above a boot most of the time, and wore it IWB on a belt off-duty. It went with me on road trips, vacations, and even backpacking. It's reliable enough that I was always confident in having it be my only weapon on a 2 week road trip, is small enough to conveniently carry, and with 17-round mags in my door pocket, packs enough firepower to deal with any social problem I might encounter while driving through urban areas. It never had any problems with rust, which is more than I can say for the P320.

Being a Glock, it is a little different. I took it out a while back after not shooting it for a year or so. It definitely presents differently from what I'm carrying now, and it took a few mags to get back into the groove of shooting it well out of the holster. But that's a software problem, not a hardware one. My vote is buy it...you'll be happy.

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The G26 will be my next glock. I've shot the P365, the G43X and the G27. I was surprised how well the G27 shot but since I already have big brother mags to fit the G26, it's at the top of my list.
Most people here also talk about what a great shooter it is.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Interesting enough, the 26 has become my carry-a-Gun-when-I-don’t-feel-like-carrying-a-Gun Gun. With the standard magazines, my times aren’t much slower than with an iron sighted 19 out to 25 yards.

As Chris Edwards (Who is one of the OGs at Glock) told me one time that the Glock 26 was truly perfection and was easily the most accurate pistol Glock made. He said it was short enough that Gaston couldn’t fuck up the round before it left the barrel. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Since it's on the roster, probably a no brainer. The 26 is becoming a classic, and while great being a classic it's also showing it age IMO.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's an end-of-the-world pistol. Factory magazine capacities of 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 24 and 33 rounds. Functions near flawlessly, accurate and will eat anything with a 9mm headstamp. Easily disassembled completely (except for the mag catch spring, and you're not supposed screw with the channel liner) in about two minutes. Very long service life. Parts, both OEM and aftermarket, and holsters, widely available.

Yeah, it's OK

An old friend

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been carrying a Gen 3 G26 for about 10 years. Not a single failure no matter how dirty or neglected.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went all in with the P365 after the initial problems subsided. It just did not shoot well for me. I bought a G26 and have never looked back. For me, the G26 outshot the 365 hands down.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love 'em. Have one in Gen 4 flavor and have been pleased with it. Bought a Brownells slide for it to put a red dot on it and keep the factory slide unmolested.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I’d be shocked if you hear many negative comments. My gen3 G26 has been my carry gun for 11 years, and, to be the broken record, has never failed or given me a reason to consider anything else. It’s possible there’s a carry gun out there I’d like more, but I’m not even tempted to find out. The 26 is just too good to give up.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d be shocked if you hear many negative comments.

Hell I would submit even if you don’t like Glocks it’s pretty hard to fault a 26, 19 or 17.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 26 was the first firearm I purchased. I remember watching a Hickok45 video in 2010, which was one of his earliest vids. He was ringing long distance steel, and I just had to have one. Keenes Depot(now KyGunCo) had a sale in the local paper for $25 off Glocks. This was before they had an online business. I paid $485.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Since they were initially released, I’ve owned a Gen 2.5, 3 and 4. I’ve been carrying the 4 daily since it came out. For me, they are super accurate, easily concealable in a variety of ways and they work all the time.

The gun shoots like a house on fire. It’s the most accurate Glock I own.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the hyve technologies magazine base plates. They complete the backstrap of the grip so you can get a good complete hold on the gun.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m a 1911 guy, and the one Glock I own is a Gen4 26. It shoots, for me, far better than a gun its size “should.”

When I carry one, it’s typically in a Mitch Rosen pocket holster with a spare 10-round magazine “hidden in plain sight” on my belt in a Magholder, LLC horizontal magazine carrier.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 26.3 is a fine weapon but has been replaced for ccw because of grip length and weight. To get my finger placed on the trigger, the gun is not in the web of my hand. I keep it because it goes bang every time and everyone needs at least one glock, but I have other guns that fit better and weigh less depending on how/where I carry. If it fits Your hand, buy it.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I went back to carrying a 9mm as my duty weapon, it would be the G-17 and G-26 as a backup gun.

It's small and light enough, and sure the hell accurate enough. It also takes -17 and -19 magazines.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
EDC here. Its size is just right. Big enough for a solid grip, small enough to owb carry under a t-shirt, accurate, comfortable recoil, good capacity. Get a g19 mag for a reload and you're all set.

Posts: 11349 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
Im in Cali too and a G26 is on the top of my rotation along with my G19 and Sig P238. My only complaint is it is a little thick but it is what it is. For the money and the slim options we have here you cant really go wrong. In the last month I have seen them in LGS for MSRP ($599) as well.

Previously I had a S&W Shield but I never shot it as well as the G26.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post