SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig AXG Module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig AXG Module Login/Join 
Picture of JPD217
posted
My AXG Module finally showed up, this thing is nice!

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve thought about one as well but that $399 is a little hard to digest.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 547 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The gun is pretty nice. These are metal frame correct? Does your module have full length slide rails? OK..I went and found a photo. Rides on FCU rails if I understand.

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
David, yes aluminum alloy grip module, and no these do not have rails. The "rails" are integral part of the FCU.

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I had to go see a pic of the module. Looked funny with no rails. What is the other module made of polymer with tunsten blended in? If I ever get the chance to handle one of those.

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
AXG = Aluminum alloy
TXG = Tungsten infused poly

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q.

posted Hide Post
It's really similar to a P226 in feel. The recessed G10 grips are great. Sig really got this right.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Yes, they did, didn't they. I really like the feel of the 320 X grip, but this is different and IMO much better.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of these...the countours appear ideal...not so ovoid as the regular grips, but not as blocky as the X-grips. I haven't been able to bring myself to pay more than I've paid for a whole P320 just for a grip module...but if I actually held one it might push me over the edge.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I picked one up from member DaBigBR, lowest shipped price I could find.

Hopefully will get to the range in the next week or so with it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10952 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the overall weight similar to a P226?

How about the general feel of the AGX? When I pick up my 226, it feels both reliable, and trustworthy in accuracy, perhaps because of the weight.

-c1steve

Posts: 4063 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
A guy I work with carries a P226 elite. This feels very similar as far as weight, it feels very good in my hands, pretty much like any of the Classic line Sig pistols with the enhanced beavertail.

I’ve only been to the range once with it, but it seems like my groups are a bit tighter and recoil is a bit less. After our range day yesterday three of the guys who shot my 320 are ordering this module for theirs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JPD217,