SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 Compact Model Owners - Help Please!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 Compact Model Owners - Help Please! Login/Join 
posted
I was in the Yoop LGS yesterday and in the case was:
CZ 75D PCR Compact. Well used but priced right. Since everyone on SF who has a 75 Compact raves about it, I put it in layaway. Hope to liberate it later this month. My questions are:
Have any of you replaced the sights? My aging eyes need high viz sights and the factory sights aint it. I went down an intergoogle rabbit hole last night as to what sights fit, might fit, or dont fit.
And the pinned front sight looks to be a PITA, too. Should I just send the slide to Cajun or CZ Custom and have them do the swap?
The grip is a tad fat for me, width wise. Are the VZ (or any other brand) grips thinner? The gun has replacement grips (in an odd green color) on it now, but the factory rubber grips are included with the deal.
The plastic recoil guide seems less than optimal. Anyone swap theirs out?
My P-07 experience has been great, so I am looking forward to getting this gun. If you care to relate any other 75 Compact experiences, I would love to hear them!
Thanks in advance!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No longer own any of the metal compact CZs. But,

- I would have CGW do the custom works for you (action, sights, steel guide rod)

- Check out LOK grips for the most extensive selections of CZ grips. They have thin/flat and palm swell grips in all kinds of colors and patterns. Yeah, those rubber factory grips on the PCR are really fat. I hated them not just for that but also for the rubbery feel.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the LOK Grip reference. I will try out their thin grips!

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
-Can’t speak to sights

-Grips can be bought that make the gun exceptionally thin. (LOK, VZ, Coolhand)

-Never had an issue with the polymer recoil guide rod and I try my best (although more often than not I fail Smile) to follow the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it philosophy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one aftermarket steel recoil spring guide for 11 bucks. Seems cheap insurance.

posted Hide Post
I replaced my sights using a pair from Cajun. Easy work if you are remotely comfortable with minimal gunsmith work. The rear sight might need some minor fitting. The front sight is usually pretty easy. I've done quite a few sets. If you don't want to file the base of a rear sight for fitting, send the slide in to Cajun. A final point, if you do it yourself, don't file or enlarge the dovetail. Work on the base of the rear sight. And file from the bottom, not the leading or following edge.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yoop, I just sent you an email.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a Compact 75D PCR with the full CGW Pro package and Dawson Precision night sights. I did the install of the sights as well as the installation of the pro kit. The sights aren’t that difficult, but the correct punch size for the front pin was an odd size (I can’t remember off the top of my head). Installing the Pro kit on the de-cocker guns was challenging even with the right tools. It was doable but much patience is required. The upgrades to the platform made a really cool gun absolutely great. There aren’t an incredible amount sight choices for the PCR, but I would strongly recommend sending the slide into CGW for the sight swap if you don’t have the tools or ability to change them out yourself.

I also have LOK palm swell grips on the PCR and am a huge fan.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dking271,

Posts: 2961 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I have a Compact 75D PCR with the full CGW Pro package and Dawson Precision night sights. I did the install of the sights as well as the installation of the pro kit. The sights aren’t that difficult, but the correct punch size for the front pin was an odd size (I can’t remember off the top of my head). Installing the Pro kit on the de-cocker guns was challenging even with the right tools. It was doable but much patience is required. The upgrades to the platform made a really cool gun absolutely great. There aren’t an incredible amount sight choices for the PCR, but I would strongly recommend sending the slide into CGW for the sight swap if you don’t have the tools or ability to change them out yourself.

Your best advice right here. CGW did my PCR with pro package and sights and it's awesome. I went with CGW aluminum grip panels but I'm a huge fan of LOK that Q recommends. At the time it was about 8 weeks for completion but worth the wait.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P01 which is pretty similar. I went with adjustable sights from CZ custom. The front sight really isn't that bad, just get the right size roll pin punch.

I'm a fan of Lok grips, they make thin ones.

Cajun has a steel guide rod. I have the DPM recoil system which I was really skeptical about but really did take a touch of the recoil out of it. Mine is a aluminum frame so it's pretty light and a touch snappy.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had a P01 which is your pistol just with a rail.

I found the front sights are super easy to work with. Just punch out the roll pin and the sight can be easily tapped out towards the muzzle. A simpler task than drifting in a dovetailed sight. The rear are dovetailed in and requite some fitting most of the time. Dawson Precision, CZ Custom, Or CGW have good selections.

+1 on the Lok grips. Similar to VZ but a bit more budget friendly. Very thin also.

CGW also has steel guide rods. I had one in my CZ but to be honest I think the stock one will run longer than we will.

Mecgar makes an excellent 15 round mag for them with the blue follower and anti friction coating on the tube.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with wood Pachmayr grips,cheap on ebay and they are thin.I was told not to mess with steel guide rod.If its worn the only thing I would have as an extra is the firing pin roll pin,Known to wear out,easy to change.Get the CGW replacement.

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I did the following to my P0-1, same basic gun, and would suggest the springs at least before you send it in.

Henning grips
Cajun Gun Works guide rod
CGW 15lb hammer spring
CGW 14lb recoil spring
CGW reduced reset trigger return spring
CGW firing pin retainer pin, better quality and will last if you dry fire
Dawson black rear and fiber optic front

https://dawsonprecision.com/si...by-dawson-precision/

The Cajun Gun Works rear competition sight is sharp and snags shirts.

This photo doesn’t have the Dawson on it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the steel frame 75 Compact, it's one of my favorite carry guns. I did an action job with CGW parts, put in the steel guide rod, and tritium night sights. I don't have a drill press and didn't want to risk damaging the slide. I used a round needle file to make a groove in the new sight for the front sight pin. The rear sight took some work on the bottom with a coarse stone to fit. I have large hands and the factory rubber grips with the palm swell feel good for me. As mentioned by others there are thinner ones available. The factory firing pin retaining pin should definitely be replaced with the CGW hardened pin. They're great guns and once you get it set up you'll be glad you got it.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's input thus far. When I say well shot, that was based on the barrel finish wear. Sounds like the replacement firing pin retaining pin is a must.
And 12131, thanks again!

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Love my PCR. I have yet to get the FPRP so I can dry fire without worry though I did add LOK grips and they are great! I would leave the factory polymer guide rod in honestly. I previously did some research (because I was going to “upgrade” my guide rod as well) and was told that CZ-USA wouldn’t warranty the frame when using a steel guide rod as it causes damage to the alloy frame receiver stop. I have seen a lot of people use the steel rods and say it works fine with no issue though that was a gamble I didn’t want to take. Lots of great info over on the CZ firearms forum as well to supplement the great info here on Sigforum.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had CGW do a carry package, and i went with thin bogie Lok's, trijicon sights, works GREAT for me!!

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post