SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why are the P220 Desert Black selling so cheap?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are the P220 Desert Black selling so cheap? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How reliable is gunsmidwest? They seem to be a new and very small operation.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I ordered one from Buds. These are all over for the same price. Must be a distributor overstock or contract over run. Even my local shop has them for $669 which is good for them. I will say the frame looks like cerakote not anodized like the true combats.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I could not resist either. It is a great deal and I can always refinish it but I like the look.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The auction sites have a few left for $609.00 with no cc fees(darn them).

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine shows as to be delivered Monday- we'll find out if anodized, srt,chromeed barrel, or phosphate internals.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it, why did I open this thread? I like the desert anodized frame. A two tone pistol should have a black slide. Like Hogue rubber grips. $622 shipped to me. Game over.

I was going to pull the trigger on a P220 Super Match SAO, but I guess that will have to wait.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I picked one up too. I can't tell if the frame is anodized or not, but I think it is. I don't see any areas that aren't the same color. I don't think it has an SRT installed, but the reset is still pretty short. Maybe someone can tell from the photos. I'm no expert but it doesn't look like SRT parts.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
No John!!! NO!!! Stop it!! You don't need another P220!!! (I wonder if the mag bodies are silver or black?) No, close the thread and move along. Nothing to see here!!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
(I wonder if the mag bodies are silver or black?)

The magazine bodies are silver. Mine came with two MecGars.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate you all. I really hate you all. LoL

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
The more I look at this thread the less will power I have...

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Does the slide have the long or short extractor?

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, with green G10 grips that gun would look fantastic!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45ProCarry:
Does the slide have the long or short extractor?

All P220s have short extractor, unless SIG just started to put the long one in, which is highly doubtful.

But, never underestimate SIG. Eek

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely standard trigger from the picture.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I picked one up too. I can't tell if the frame is anodized or not, but I think it is. I don't see any areas that aren't the same color. I don't think it has an SRT installed, but the reset is still pretty short. Maybe someone can tell from the photos. I'm no expert but it doesn't look like SRT parts.

Whatever color, the aluminum alloy frame has to be anodized originally.

A little hard to see from that angle, but it does not appear to have the SRT part in.

quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:
Definitely standard trigger from the picture.

I think he was talking about the SRT, not the short trigger vs standard trigger. Wink

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The reason I thought it wasn't anodizing was because the finish on the one I played with had a rougher texture similar to cerakote.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Excellent deal, but also note that the market is real slow and sometimes when that happens, you get great deals like this in order to move inventory. It's definitely a buyers market for most things gun related.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came in early - here is what I found:

Standard trigger width
Standard reset trigger
Anodized frame
front serrations on slide
night sights
no chrome or phosphate parts like the combat.

posted Hide Post
Excellent news on the frame anodization. I'm OK w/o the chrome or phosphate since it wasn't billed as a Combat. I'll probably get an SRT kit. Mine shows up at LGS on Mon, but I probably will not be able to make it till the following weekend. Mad

Looking forward to shooting this thing!

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post