SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon HD experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon HD experience Login/Join 
Picture of Blackwater
posted
I was wondering if others had the same experience as me with Trijicon HDs.

I've installed them on a HK USPc in 9mm and a Shield Plus.

On both guns after the replacement of the OEM sights, the guns with the new HD's shoot 5-6" high @ 10 yards using a combat sight picture. The OEMs were POA/POI with same hold.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Even the Ameriglo Spartan Suppressor height sights on the G19 Gen 5, shoot POA.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
On my Glocks, the Trijicon GL01 sights shoot to POA, but I put a set of Trijicons on a Walther PPQ and it shot high, about 5 or 6 inches as you said. Very frustrating.

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Absolute shirt and pant destroyers!!
I had a set on my Glock 27. They were pretty much spot on point of aim.
However it was my concealed carry gun when not working and the rear sight corner continuously put holes in my shirt.
I wore the 27 on my ankle when working. While not as bad on the pants because of the thumb strap it still chewed up my pant leg.
I now carry a 43 instead of the 27 and use Williams Fiber Optic sights with no carnage to my clothes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
On my Glocks, the Trijicon GL01 sights shoot to POA, but I put a set of Trijicons on a Walther PPQ and it shot high, about 5 or 6 inches as you said. Very frustrating.

Yea, I really like the bright green front on the HD, and Ameriglo Spartan is similar, but they don't make it for the HK. Definitely frustrating.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sites sadly fit in some odd universe of personal experience. I've put HD's on lots of guns and none of them had POA/POI issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I have them on most of my Glocks: 17, 26, 30s, 43 and 43x. They all shot to POA for me.

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Has anyone raised the issue with Trijicon?
Some sort of screwup at the factory with changing the size of the sights or perhaps putting the wrong front/rear combination together in a set—?

I have several sets of what I believe are Trijicon HD sights that were factory installed or purchased with SIG packaging and I have no POA/POI problems.

Added: When someone refers to a “set” I assume that means both front and rear were replaced, but if it was only one, I know that can be a problem. Some years ago I was asked to replace the front sight of a P220 and I just assumed that as long as the aftermarket one I ordered (Trijicon, IIRC) had the same number as the factory sight that it would be the same. As it turned out, though, there was a significant size difference that made a huge point of impact difference.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have them on two of my M&Ps. Both are dead on.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Has anyone raised the issue with Trijicon?
Some sort of screwup at the factory with changing the size of the sights or perhaps putting the wrong front/rear combination together in a set—?

I have several sets of what I believe are Trijicon HD sights that were factory installed or purchased with SIG packaging and I have no POA/POI problems.

Added: When someone refers to a “set” I assume that means both front and rear were replaced, but if it was only one, I know that can be a problem. Some years ago I was asked to replace the front sight of a P220 and I just assumed that as long as the aftermarket one I ordered (Trijicon, IIRC) had the same number as the factory sight that it would be the same. As it turned out, though, there was a significant size difference that made a huge point of impact difference.

I did contact Trijicon via their web portal (not called yet). Told them my issue and asked them to provide me the sight height dimension, so I could confirm I had the correct sight.

Took pics of the sights in the event they ask, but there are no visible markings that would indicate a size on the sights. I've not received a response yet.

Joe

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I did get a response this am to my question. I asked about the Shield Plus.

Their response was thorough and provide the spec sheet of the sights/dimensions which I confirmed. I've also asked for the spec sheet for the HK USPc to confirm.

I'd like to add, I've been able to adjust some for the elevation, by holding the front green dot at the bottom of the U notch in the rear sight, but then the top of the front and rear sight do not align on the horizontal plane. But it's not natural for me.

Shield Plus dims

Joe

posted Hide Post
It’s not Trijicon. It’s SW they changed the dovetail sizes on the newer shield plus pistols.

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Use a dremel or file to round off the corners on the rear sight. I had the same issue. No more.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Absolute shirt and pant destroyers!!
I had a set on my Glock 27. They were pretty much spot on point of aim.
However it was my concealed carry gun when not working and the rear sight corner continuously put holes in my shirt.
I wore the 27 on my ankle when working. While not as bad on the pants because of the thumb strap it still chewed up my pant leg.
I now carry a 43 instead of the 27 and use Williams Fiber Optic sights with no carnage to my clothes.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’ve put them on Glocks, 19 & 43x. No problem.
My P226 came with them and they shoot point of aim.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had the same sort of issue with their older "Bright & Tough" series NS, also on a USP Compact. Shot about 4" to 5" high @ 7 yds, using the 'combat' sight hold. Prior to the change, the the factory silhouette sights that came with the gun shot true. Later after much frustration and wasted ammo, I switched to a Meprolight Tru-Dot and aside from not having the preferred hi-viz ring FS that Ameriglo and Trijicon HD was just starting to use on their front sights at the time, the gun hit far more true to POA with the Israeli sights.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Years ago I had the same sort of issue with their older "Bright & Tough" series NS, also on a USP Compact. Shot about 4" to 5" high @ 7 yds, using the 'combat' sight hold. Prior to the change, the the factory silhouette sights that came with the gun shot true. Later after much frustration and wasted ammo, I switched to a Meprolight Tru-Dot and aside from not having the preferred hi-viz ring FS that Ameriglo and Trijicon HD was just starting to use on their front sights at the time, the gun hit far more true to POA with the Israeli sights.

Yea, I'm going to have to ditch them on the USPc.
Trjicon has been excellent in providing me info and I verified the dimension for the USPc sights, but it's just too high for a gun I can effectively shoot out to distance of 20 yards off-hand. Worse than the Shield Plus.

Head shots at a USPSA silhouette sail above the top of the target. Holding down around the neck will get them on the cardboard.

Joe