SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your choice for a pistol optical red dot?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your choice for a pistol optical red dot? Login/Join 
posted
I have a Tijicon RMO4 optic I use on a model 41 and have found it to not be very great. I was wanting the non-battery sight as I believed it would be less of a pain to manage. However it is not a clear dot and is often hard to find when sighting.

What do you forum members find to be good red (or green) dots? Looking to try one on a larger pistol.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought the Trijicon RMR that didn't use batteries also.

I thought it was great for about eight minutes.

Couldn't see the dot at all. Sent it back the same day for a refund.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
RMR with the battery and the red dot. Change battery every three years.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I have RMRs, an SRO, a DP Pro and a Romeo 1 Pro. They all have pros and cons, mostly pros. If I had to pick one for everything it would probably be the RMR; I only have experience with the battery models. For range only use I would pick one with a larger window.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I find the 6.5 MOA dot to be more round than the 3.25 dot.

If you can, it's a good idea to look at the different size dots in person indoor and outdoors.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
RMR 06 and Equivalent RMRcc.

It’s the same as a T1/T2, the gold standard.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Trijicon RM06 or RM07 are about as bulletproof an optic as you'll find. The Holosun 507c and 508T are pretty darn bulletproof as well.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have both Trijicon RM06 and RM07 RMRs and like both almost equally. The RM06 with the 3.25 dot is slightly better for my astigmatism without corrective lenses.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what's a 'larger pistol' and you intend to use it for what? The best 'average' overall choice on a pistol is an RMR06. period. Now if you have some specialized use then other choices might be better.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Our place issued the RM02 and after going to a class, I noticed I have an astigmatism. I tried someone's RM06 and it was definitely much better. After class, I ordered one from Trijicon. I was going to use it on my duty weapon but I was able to order four RM06 this year for work so I can start switching people over.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8019 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s for a carry pistol, the Holosun 507 with ACSS reticle.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I only use a Holosun 507 with ACSS reticle & RMR 06. They are my preferred two pistol optics.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 705 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Neither. I find that I am distracted by both, and not looking at the target. Open sights.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the RMR06 carries the load. It will be used on a Langdon Beretta 92. Just as an experiment for the range. Iron sights for all other things. Thanks for the comments and recommendations.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of question that winds up with
a lot of "I use". Nothing much accomplished.
Interesting though to see popular brands.
Sort of like your choice for a good car.
One thing for sure. Five years ago I started using (Not
going to say my choice of red dot, eh?) a red dot and was sold on them___ for my need in a pistol.
Back then a couple of other cops in a discussion said "In five years pistols will come with them."
Well..... all of these answers for "your choice" proved those cops right.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post