SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 which model
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 which model Login/Join 
posted
What are your opinions on the different P365 versions. How do the different grip and barrel lengths shoot and how do they compare carrying IWB.

I shot the original 10rd/3.1 and found it too small. I handled the X (12rd/3.1 barrel) and it felt great, but then I picked up the larger 17rd/3.7 inch barrel and it felt even better. It's only about 1/2 taller in the grip and the extra slide length will be concealed IWB, but overall, much bigger. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the X for my carry. I don’t really see the need for the extra barrel length of the XL for self defense distances and the macro has almost gotten too big for me personally. I understand I’ll probably get blasted for this comment, but if I can’t do what I need to do in 12 rounds I’m not sure 17 is going to help. Also if capacity was the issue you could always just carry an additional 17rd magazine with you for the X or XL.

My other daily carries are j-frame revolvers so 12 rounds beats the heck out of 5 in one of those.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have said it before, but I put together a P365 pistol that has the X/Xl grip module and an X Macro Comp slide and really like it. The grip is large enough to get a good purchase on it but the factory comp/slide is what really makes it shine. It has the short factory barrel like the standard/original P365 but it is a really accurate barrel to begin with. I recently put a little rds on it and am undecided if I am going to keep it on there or not. I am still on the fence about an rds and if it really makes target acquisition any quicker for me.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I carry and shoot the original p365 and I wish I’d bought the XL version instead. Having a red dot ready is nice but I’d rather have the longer barrel with the 12 rd length grip. The grip is what prints and I carry a 12 rd mag in my p365 already.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Everyone is different. This is something you will have to try out for yourself. Go to your LGS, or better yet, your shooting range and try out their rentals. Me, I have no problems with the original P365. It fills the CC role perfectly.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I settled for an XL Wilson frame on the original slide assembly, so basically an X size. I also have an XL pistol as well. While the macro feels great in the hand, every size up from the original is a compromise In concealment. I carry IWB on the belt and find the X size more shootable than the 10 round version.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started out with the original 365 and had hard time with the grip even with the extended 12 rd magazine. I put the Wilson xl grip module on it which made it an x. Feels way better and I shoot it better. I bought the xmacro comp and it had issues ftf. Traded it for the standard xmacro. Same ftf sent to sig. seems to run ok except is picky with hollow points. My original 365 is what I carry and shoot the best. My 365 was one of the early ones and now has over 2500 rounds without any issue.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
IF I was going to pocket carry it, the P365 flavor would probably be my choice. Outside of that the 17 round mags of the Tacops version is quite tempting for a home gun, with optics of course..

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
X with safety for my carry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P365X. Just felt the best in the hand. It is big enough for good work and small enough to hide just about anywhere.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
X with safety for me as well.

Posts: 81 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 18, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 with the XL grip - no safety version - my EDC

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you put the upper with the built in comp on the standard size frame?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Can you put the upper with the built in comp on the standard size frame?

Yes.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the original, it fits my hand just fine. Sometimes you can over think these choices.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I started with the original 365, tried an XL and bought a Macro Comp, they all have WC grips. For some reason I shoot the original a little better than the others. I really like my Macro Comp which has a RDS and carry that when I have a cover garment. I carry the original when I cargo pants carry or an untucked shirt. The XL is now an X (got a used milled original slide) and I am waiting for a Romeo X to put on that. Being modular once you get one you can change it around to be the way you like it. I just ended up with three. Smile

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s the regular P365 for pocket and ankle carry and the X for IWB or OWB carry. I carry the regular with only the 10 round flat magazine and the X with the flat 12 round and an extra 15 round.

I have added the manual safety to both of mine and they both currently have the Wilson Combat grip modules. Originally, they both had the SIG modules with Hogue Beavertail sleeves. I have no optics on either of them.

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Original for me, to each his own.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I think it’s hard to go wrong with any of them.

As for me, I bought an original and stopped looking for another primary ccw pistol after that. I bought another one just for redundancy about a year later. It’s just about perfect for my needs.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have one (yet) but eventually intend to. It will be the X version with manual safety. The frame will be replaced with a metal one by Mischief Machine.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post