SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Came Across a P365XL with Romeo Zero
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Came Across a P365XL with Romeo Zero Login/Join 
Picture of Beretta92
posted
I was at my favorite Gun Store today right at closing = 6:00pm
Was looking through the case & saw this SIG Sauer P365XL with a Romeo Zero = Tacpac with three magazines case + holster
The price was marked @ $485 & it really drew my interest
Told the owner there to just hold it for me as they were counting down their register
He just put it in the safe for me & will go see him tomorrow early @ 10:00am
Think I really like the size of the P365XL & with the flat faced trigger + Romeo One Red Dot...
I have medium to large hands & wear large gloves & it does fit me well
Had been looking at the smaller tinnier P365

Anything to look out for on one of these pistols?
BTW This one has the manual safety which is OK with me & won't ever be used BUT?
The Romeo Zero has the metal cover & has several scratches from use on the metal cover but everything looks "AS NEW" other than that...
I keep seeing concealed carry pistols that I want & this started in July of 2019 & since picked up a M&P Shield 2.0, Glock 43X, Glock 19X, M&P 380EZ, SIG P320, 2x Hk USP Compact, Hk P2000sk, S&W SD9 FDE, Taurus 85CH, Ruger SP101, Springfield Armory Hellcat & Now the SIG P365XL

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
The craving for all these handguns came from me losing my Twin Brother Jerry 3/18/21

But we both loved guns & I was with him when he bought the M&P Shield 2.0 for $249.99 in August of 2019 & found it in his belongings after he passed away + The extra magazines & holster I bought him for Christmas.

1/27/21 was our last birthday together & He wanted to go eat @ Burger King but due to the pandemic we had a huge bag of them brought by Grub Hub & everyone chowed down & He ate Two Whoppers

My Brother lived in my basement apartment for about a year & a half after having a stroke & losing his home
He came to live here 12/27/19 just as the pandemic had started in China = two days after Christmas

I need to stop this collection of handguns & bring the total way down

Time to Thin The Heard SOME!

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice catch.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Let's Hope So!!
I will be there early JUST IN CASE something went wrong with him holding it back for me + I want to walk out without charging it = What's in my wallet
The owner/dealer works with me but know he has to make money to stay in business
He also had an FN 509 = I must resist this..
I have a Springfield Armory Hellcat on layaway at another store
I must be CRAZY! Big Grin But can still fill out a 4473 truthfully & pass the NICS

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
That's a great price without the romeo zero. With the Romeo zero its an amazing price (I recently bought a Romeo zero on sale for $150, normally $200).

The P365XL is by far the best concealed carry pistol I have every owned (and I've owned many). Shoots just as good (if not better) than a Glock 19 sized gun, reliable, easy to carry, etc...

I have 3 of them with about 10K rounds through all of them combined, zero malfunctions.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
That's a great price without the romeo zero. With the Romeo zero its an amazing price (I recently bought a Romeo zero on sale for $150, normally $200).

The P365XL is by far the best concealed carry pistol I have every owned (and I've owned many). Shoots just as good (if not better) than a Glock 19 sized gun, reliable, easy to carry, etc...

I have 3 of them with about 10K rounds through all of them combined, zero malfunctions.

Pretty much my situation except I only have 1 of them with a Romeo Zero. Love it. It's my EDC.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
The LGS opens in an hour & six minutes
BE THERE
Gary

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think that's a great price. I got the same one, with safety which is what I wanted. It didn't come with an optic. But the slide with optics went on sale and I got one.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19675 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I would never get a gun with a manual safety unless you actually plan on using it, and, more importantly, training to use it. You may not intentionally activate it, but it could get accidentally activated, then when you need to draw and fire the gun, you don't automatically sweep it off. The gun doesn't go bang, and in the second or two for you to a realize and correct the problem, the attacker you're defending against succeeds in his attack.

Note that I prefer manual safeties. I think it's a good idea to carry a gun with a manual safety. But it has to be a very affirmative thing, or it can cause you a significant problem.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would never get a gun with a manual safety unless you actually plan on using it, and, more importantly, training to use it. You may not intentionally activate it, but it could get accidentally activated, then when you need to draw and fire the gun, you don't automatically sweep it off. The gun doesn't go bang, and in the second or two for you to a realize and correct the problem, the attacker you're defending against succeeds in his attack.

I agree with this completely and don't have many guns with manual safeties and don't carry the ones that do. They're just range guns for me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
The nice thing about the 365 series is the ability to easily remove the safety.

I'm trying to decide on either a 365X or 365XL. My plan is to buy one with the safety and then get a Wilson Combat Grip Module for it, probably without a Safety cut.

Pistols are the same price with or without the Safety and then I'll have the parts either way.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your brother. I understand the gun hoarding thing, but I feel like you'll get control of it.
As for the XL, I have one and love it. The red dot, not so much. It was a BIG adjustment for me, and I'm not sure it's going to stay. I suppose that's one of those individual things.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Went by the LGS & put a $100 down on the P365XL & put it on layaway
The owner wants to buy a few of my handguns & rifles & will be back in touch with him
He also wants a Dale Ernhardt Jacket I have

If the romeo zero works out I will buy one of those for my Springfield Hellcat too!

No Hurry BUT?
I will be back around SOON!
Stay Safe Out There!
Gary