SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X-series; any support for these guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X-series; any support for these guns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
it was not an issue specific to the X5 L1 as 'hrcjon' seems to indicate

I'm not sure how you expand my comment to say the issue is limited to that model. I specifically named the model, but certainly didn't imply is only that model as frankly I have no idea or experience. In any case I used a bunch of X5L1's to compete when they first came out with tens and tens of thousands of rounds through them. The extractors are a weak point. And spares are today virtually nonexistent. Its not really a potential issue, if you shoot it enough you will have it. I think I have 5 or 6 of them and they all eventually did it. Trips to Sig repaired but did not mitigate the issue. The time it took to appear is mostly random, and when it starts it doesn't happen very often (like 1 in 100 rounds) so if you just got knock off a couple of mags you probably won't ever know. But when spares were not readily available (which happened a long time ago) I have retired mine from competition and moved to something else. It still remains the gun that I shoot the best with irons.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post