SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P6 questions ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6 questions ?? Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
I've got an older P6 and I'm looking to stock up on some extra mags. Will a P225 mag work in the P6? Or, where can I look for P6 mags?

Also, any idea where I can get a Short Reset Trigger kit for the P6? Grayguns no longer stocks them and the P226/P228 kit doesn't fit.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
I've got an older P6 and I'm looking to stock up on some extra mags. Will a P225 mag work in the P6? Or, where can I look for P6 mags?

The P225 mag is the same as the P6 mag.
However, the P225-A1 mag is completely different.
Check GB for them.

Q

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:

The P225 mag is the same as the P6 mag.
However, the P225-A1 mag is completely different.
Check GB for them.

Thanks

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This add on Gunbroker has them for $25 a pice used P6 mags. Seems fair price. Ebay has them as well but north of $35 a piece.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I believe the P6 uses the P220 SRT kit. Google it, it's available all over for under $50.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
This add on Gunbroker has them for $25 a pice used P6 mags. Seems fair price. Ebay has them as well but north of $35 a piece.

Thanks for that link!!!
$25 is a GOOD deal on 225 mags.

(and once again SF costs me $$) Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked my order history from Top Gun Supply to confirm: I put a P226 SRT kit in my P6 with no issues. It also made a big difference in the trigger, not just reset but also made it a lot smoother.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy on GB is GTO. Picked up 4 from him they were in great shape. Also all I did with my P6 is put a 225 mainspring in it and added some wood logo grips from Grips4u when he made them. Shoots just like my 225.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
+1 on changing mainspring. ^^^^

If memory serves the P6 and early 225 had 24lb mainspring, and as an example 226 has 20lb. You can go lighter with extensive function testing, but I stayed at 20 to assist in shooting all ammo including military primers.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
+1 on changing mainspring.

If memory serves the P6 and early 225 had 24lb mainspring, and as an example 226 has 20lb. You can go lighter with extensive function testing, but I stayed at 20 to assist in shooting all ammo including military primers.

^^^

I'd be surprised if the mainspring in mine was only #24! Trigger was horrendous, I put a #19 in there and polished the sides of the hammer, the trigger bar, end of the mainspring strut and the bottom of the firing pin safety plunger. I didn't touch the sear/hammer engagement surface! This took the trigger from horrible to very good. The SRT kit got rid of that last bit of creep and along with a much shorter reset made it great.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post