SIGforum
SAO Carry Gun: P229 Legion SAO or... CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works with all the upgrades

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3300089164

October 12, 2019, 01:20 PM
Amurr
SAO Carry Gun: P229 Legion SAO or... CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works with all the upgrades
Looking to pick up a SAO CCW. Would love the Wilson EDC X9 but at near 3k it’s not gonna happen. Consider one of the following:
Sig P229 Legion SAO
Or
CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works done up the way I want it

Both come in at about the same price once I upgrade the CZ.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Amurr
October 12, 2019, 04:23 PM
HayesGreener
I have 3 Legion SAO's and they are the finest shooting handguns I have ever owned. I do not have a CZ but have fired them and in my opinion the safety is a bit cumbersome to operate when compared to the SIG.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 12, 2019, 05:23 PM
patw
Both are nice guns, but I could never get used to the smaller gripping area on the slide of the CZ guns.
October 12, 2019, 07:10 PM
inspcalahan
The CZ is very nice but for me, the edge went to the Legion Sigs. I carry one on duty. Two others at work shot mine at the range one day and are now carrying ones of their own on duty.
October 13, 2019, 04:25 PM
HayesGreener
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
The CZ is very nice but for me, the edge went to the Legion Sigs. I carry one on duty. Two others at work shot mine at the range one day and are now carrying ones of their own on duty.
What are you using for a duty holster?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 13, 2019, 09:12 PM
kalford
I prefer CZ ergos to Sig. That said, I run a Colt Light Weight Wiley Clapp Commander in 9mm for my single action carry.

I've never owned a Sig Legion Sao, but was very impressed by the trigger when dry firing at the local shop. I had a CZ P-01 omega with some drop in Cajun Gunworks parts and traded it off as I found the safety to small and mushy in operation.
October 13, 2019, 09:17 PM
venenoindy
Sig 229 Legion SAO all the way, not even close.
October 14, 2019, 09:15 AM
inspcalahan
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
What are you using for a duty holster?

Safariland - not sure of the model number... it's their current offering with the open top (no bail) and just the thumb release. I've also got a Surefire X300 on it.
October 14, 2019, 03:54 PM
IANative
How 'bout an STI 2011? They can be had in single-stack (Staccato C) or double-stack (Staccato P, DVC-C, Guardian, etc.)

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
October 14, 2019, 04:34 PM
Amurr
I like them well enough but they are in the 2k+ range also no?
October 14, 2019, 04:44 PM
IANative
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
I like them well enough but they are in the 2k+ range also no?

The Staccato C can be had for less than $1500, new.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
October 14, 2019, 04:48 PM
Ryanp225
I'm partial to the CZ.
The Sig is a fine pistol but to me the P01checks more boxes.
The Sig is HUGE compared to the CZ. Shooting them side by side you'd think the P229 was a 45. The Sig also feels like a Glock in comparison to the CZ's perfect ergonomics. With some CGW goodies you'll get a pistol that is in a league above the Legion.
October 15, 2019, 10:16 AM
jimmy123x
I lean more towards CZ, but you can't go wrong with either gun. I think you need to handle both and see which one feels and points the best to you and rent them (if you can) and put some rounds down range.
October 15, 2019, 12:51 PM
CQB60
Legion SAO gets my nod

October 16, 2019, 08:29 AM
1986s4
SIG P-210 American standard for me