SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I met Sam many years ago, he wouldn't remember me. I don't know if he still does the gunshow circuit, probably not. Andrews makes quality products. Have a look.

Posts: 107252 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I love his videos. There is one of him making a standard pancake style that's a good watch.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Own a few McDaniel II holsters, have a cross draw McDaniel II in progress for a 239. He makes a very quality leather holster.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Para, I've always admired that particular holster from Andrews, but I have not been able to determine if one can walk around with it if you don't want to, or can't safely or privately transfer it to a more appropriate SD rig after exiting the vehicle. Do you know ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not just for seated carry.

Posts: 107252 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I watched that holster making process and loved every second of it. Incredible craftsmanship and skill at work. I’ll be ordering a carjacker in the morning!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Andrews makes quality products.
Indeed he does. I have one of his Monarch shoulder rigs for my 1911s. Wore it just yesterday on a six-hour round trip drive.

A Carjacker holster is on my want list. Someday.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26008 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Awesome video, very interesting and well worth the watch. It's always amazing to watch a craftsman who really knows his stuff do his work, and he is very good at explaining how and why he does things the way he does. It's incredible how much hand work does into forming and fitting everything together...more of an art form really than it is assembly.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My very best holster is a Monarch shoulder rig. I have several other shoulder holsters from a well known company and none compare to the Sam Andrews product. I was lucky ordering while he was starting a batch of Monarch holsters. I had mine within six weeks. After receiving it I realized I would have happily waited six months for such quality.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
After receiving it I realized I would have happily waited six months for such quality.
I did wait six months, and it was worth the wait.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26008 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
He makes great wallets too!

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
My very best holster is a Monarch shoulder rig.

I bought one and it is outstanding, I have been using it since it got cold enough to wear jackets.
It took a looong time to deliver, 8 months, but I'm happy I got one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Carjacker Crossdraw Holster Inside A Vehicle Demo With Sam Andrews

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Check out Andrews Firepower Rig, a shoulder holster for your shotgun.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Very, very interesting to see him work. I have been an Andrews fan for a dozen or so years. I always place my orders by phone so I can chat with him. Since I prefer OWB with a straight drop, the only style I have ever had from him is the Saddle Style (pictured with a slight cant, but he will make it with any cant you want, thumb break as well if you want it, no extra charge).

When tax refund rolls around, I think I will try one of those Carjacker holsters for my Ruger GP-100 10mm, or perhaps the crossdraw Saddle.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, it was a great video on holster making.
Was it just me, or does Sam Andrews sound like Gregory Peck? In my mind I was expecting him to call someone “Scout”.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
So, having watched the video(s), I'm seriously considering a Carjacker and have a few questions:

- Anyone know what size belt (width & thickness) it will accommodate?
- Do you specify that at time of order?
- Is there an ideal size or range?
- Is it dependent on the pistol, lets say P365 vs P320 Carry?

I know that's kind of all the same question, but I don't find any of this info on the website and I'd prefer to know what I'm asking for once I'm ready to place an order. I'm sure this info is just a phone call/email away, but I'd rather not take valuable time away from crafting these fine holsters if it's not necessary and can be avoided. Still need to decide on which pistol though, so I'm not there yet. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
That was very interesting to watch. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very interesting.
Sam makes it look easy.

Dang, his sewing machine is a monster.

Nice holster too.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nhracecraft,

I've only ordered one item from Sam Andrews, but I did have a somewhat lengthy conversation with him. I learned that he wants to take orders, in person, over the phone. He feels this method allows him to get the exact details of the customer's wants and needs for a custom made product. During my order experience, once he knew what handgun I wanted the holster made for (1911), he asked me a series of questions which covered all the bases: barrel length, single side or ambi safety, would I carry cocked and locked or hammer down, frame rail or no rail, number of offside mag pouches, color of finish and a few more details about my options. By the time our conversation was finished, we both knew exactly what I wanted and that was exactly what I eventually received.

Like several others here, I am also interested in the carjacker holster and may eventually order one.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post