SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Eye protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eye protection Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Looking for a quality pair of shooting / safety glasses. Brass flys around and need to keep my vison. Have old eyes so looking for ones that have magnifers in the lower corner.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Many types listed here:

https://www.safetyglassesusa.c...ocal-safety-glasses/

If I’m not trying to see through a precision scopesight or am not shooting at steel targets, I use the industrial type glasses for my range activities. If they get broken or scratched up, they can be replaced inexpensively.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check this site. https://sspeyewear.com/ They make both top and bottom mounted bi focal lenses. I have not ordered a pair yet but sure am thinking it would be worth a try.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I got two pairs from my eye doctor as I need them to have prescription lenses. One pair is clear and the other pair are sunglasses. Both are used for shooting, yard work, and motorcycle riding.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine from the VA. Didn't even know they made regular frame safety glasses. It's not as good protection as wrap around but I'm always wearing them on the plus side. It has protected me from spall several times. No matter what you wear, wear something.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
In sigfreunds link, I have worn many pairs if the 3M Nuvo readers for work safety and with magnifications from 1.5 to 2.5X. Polymer lenses are soft so water and very soft tissue is used to clean. The nose rests are of some funky rubber material which does not remain in place over time from cleaning chems or facial oil. I find Lowes carries them for $12.00 pair. There are better glasses for shooting protection. I am reliant on reading glasses. Even for my smart phone.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Oakley M2 are my go to...

But I do have a set of Randolph for shotgun sports. Colored lens help see the clay birds.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear my regular scrip eyeglasses

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
There was a thread over on the 1911 forum about eye proection. I bought a pair of these. I was pleased with the vision, but they hugged my face too tight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=1911forumconvert-20

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any style of Oakley. Lenses are amazing. Super clear and most pairs are easy to swap lenses for different light environments.

"No more 'I have to go to the bathroom'. There is no bathroom!!"

Posts: 216 | Location: SC | Registered: November 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I don’t cheap out for eye pro. Oakley or Wiley X are my favorites.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I don’t cheap out for eye pro. Oakley or Wiley X are my favorites.

Ditto. I have this Oakley, but I bought them for much less than $136 Amazon price.

www.amazon.com/dp/B001J21NAY/r..._api_i_oD3aEbVPVJH1R

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ for SafetyglassesUSA. And most of their glasses meet the same ANSI ratings as Oakley, Wiley, etc.
And they sell those brands too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you want.

https://www.uline.com/Product/...ses%20With%20Readers
Any of those will do just fine. I do WileyX cuz I use them as sunglasses and eye pro for both fishing and shooting.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post