SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
Number 1 was back in March. Firing pin and return to battery issues. Sig returned a NIB weapon and I sold it.

Fast forward to October 10th and I tried again. Out of 681 rounds, I have had 33 light primer strikes with all Federal and Sig ammo. 147, 124 standard HST/AE and 124 grain Sig FMJ and VCrown. Striker channel is clear, striker is fine. Chassis is moving 1/64" or more front to back in the module. Pin is in, pin is true and module is fine. 4 other P365's at the shop do not do this.

RMA given and boxed up. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm hoping Sig replaces the entire weapon with a new one and away to Armslist it will go.

I want to love this gun, I really do. It fits me better than any weapon I own. It fits every part of my carry routine other than going bang when I want it to. I'm envious of the folks who's weapons are running lights out, but It's time to find something else for me. Sig is being damn cool about it with me too, so there is that positive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your problems with Two 365 pistols, I really want one but I am going to wait another six months or so..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
Sorry to hear about your problems with Two 365 pistols, I really want one but I am going to wait another six months or so..

I thought the same with this one. That's why I waited until October. I have a feeling (or wish) that Glock may do something like a 43 will more capacity eventually. Until then, I'll break in this Gen 5 19 MOS and carry it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to get a 365 but after reading about the known problems, I will wait a year to jump.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's stinky! Twice, and with an October gun. I waited till October and bought a NIB gun. Shot it for the third time yesterday, bringing round count up to 499. I had two light strikes on reloads (Georgia Arms) in the first 50 rds, and zero issues since on all types of FMJ and 60 rds of hollowpoints. Fingers crossed but seems to be rock solid. And I agree with you on the form factor being perfect for carry. I actually enjoy shooting my PPS M1 and M2 9mm better, as the larger grip (fore/aft depth) is easier to handle at speed for me. But this one is close enough and conceals better and carries 50% more...

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine went away due to reported issues though my gun was fine at the time. I've been waiting for them to work out the kinks as well as I really want to get one but I cant have something I cant rely on.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
Sorry to hear about your problems with Two 365 pistols, I really want one but I am going to wait another six months or so. .

At least!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted one from day one and almost went for it boy I sure glad I did not , after the 320 mess you would think the 365 would be right , they can keep them .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is fine no problems with various ammo including steel cased ammo and various hollow points.
No failures of any kind approx 500 rounds.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mines great as well 500rds.

Posts: 23 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine works great and I really like it.
Unfortunately it came with a very dim front sight. I hate to do it but I plan to send it back.
One thing that I noticed is that the magazines can't be inserted in the pistol unless the slide is locked back. That makes it a true 10 round pistol not a 10+1.

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine in Augst and has almost 1200 rds thru it with 0 issues.And I do know the mag springs are super strong so you^^^ may want to load a mag and let it sit for a week for the springs to seat in a little.I have had to do that on mags for a couple of my other pistols when new.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
After two bad experiences like those of the OP, I would have moved on as well. My luck has been better with my P365 built last June. It has had 830 rounds of various types of factory ammo and my 115 grain FMJ and plated reloads fired without any type of problem. For carry ammo, Federal 150 grain Micro HST has been the best combination of low recoil snd accuracy, at least for me. It fits perfectly in the Galco OWB or DeSantis Nemesis holsters I bought for my Glock 42.

So far it has been the perfect concealed carry pistol in my experience. Nontheless, if I were in the market to buy one for the first time, I would probably wait another year or so.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Mine has over 700 rounds with the only problem being my fault during cleaning. Other than that no problems at all.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RonJon
posted Hide Post
My P365 was built on 21 October 2018 and the green tritium sights are rather dim but they work and are reasonably close in brightness between the front and the back sights.

But I really can't see much to gain with the tritium sights in the dark anyway. I own many pistols that just have black metal sights and they work just fine if there is any light at all - What good is a tritium sight in the dark if you cannot see where your target is anyway?

So my solution (that makes sense to me anyway) is to add a laser and use an LED Tactical light (hand-held) to verify my target before I shoot some one that I don't want to shoot in, say a home invasion, for instance!

The Crimson Trace company is about to come out with a green (and a red) laser (in early January) that is designed to install on the SIG P365 - and they are offering a 30% discount if you send them proof that you are a veteran, or are or were a LEO! So I emailed a scan of my Navy honorable discharge from when I was much younger than now and they accepted that and I pre-ordered the green laser sight with the BIG DISCOUNT (Thanks Crimson Trace for your patriotism!).

(Crimson Trace also had an offer for a free CMR-208-S (420 Lumen) tactical light that fits on most any pistol with a rail if you purchased ANY Crimson Trace laser within Sep 1 thru Nov 26th.). I couldn't get in on it on my pre-order since I wouldn't have a receipt for the P365 laser within the time frame of the offer (I called them to check if they would but they couldn't go outside of the time limit.) So then I took the black-friday offer (Nov 23) from Fleet Farm and bought a Crimson Trace red laser for my Glock 19 for $99.97 that the full price would have been $189.95 and I quickly filled out the paperwork and got it mailed in on time to get the free CMR-208-S, which is normally $99.99! - And I bought another for my son for Christmas a red - for $99.97 and my son saw that and also bought 1 for himself (a green - for $129.97) for his Glock 17 and he sent in for two of the free CMR-208-S tactical lights just in time!

The offer for the free CMR-208-S is over now, but the veteran deal (for ALL of their products) does NOT expire - I thought you guys would want to know, but I am not meaning to be advertising for Crimson Trace - I have no connection to them other than as a customer!

Ron

Posts: 128 | Location: Mn | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My March has just under 5000 rounds fired and the second was bought five months later. Been a great gun for me.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My April '18 has over a thousand rounds through it without problems.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the issue is QC, some bad things slip through with the rush to mass produce.

At least I hope so. Bought a made in Oct 2018 model a few weeks back, just not fired it yet but that's next week.

I think they have a fantastic concept & design, just rushed a bit to get it out there to try and take the market for CC 9mm.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
I think the issue is QC, some bad things slip through with the rush to mass produce.

At least I hope so. Bought a made in Oct 2018 model a few weeks back, just not fired it yet but that's next week.

I think they have a fantastic concept & design, just rushed a bit to get it out there to try and take the market for CC 9mm.

I agree with you 100%. The concept and design of this weapon is bad ass.

Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife and I put over 200 rounds through my new P365.
Win Ranger 147gr
Win Ranger 124gr +P
Speer Gold Dot 124gr
Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P
Hornady XTP

Everything worked. No failures. Handled like a dream. When Maggie gets her P365 we will go out again.
For us, this is a good gun.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post