SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 or P320 RX Compact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 or P320 RX Compact Login/Join 
posted
I am in the market for a compact and have been debating on a G19 Gen5 MOS. After seeing a P320 RX Compact, I really like the modular ability. What concerns me is some of the comments I have read about the ROMEO1 having battery issues, having issues getting them to turn on after turning off. I have also read that there are adapter plates to run other RDS, but I assume with the adapter plates it would no longer co-witness, is that correct? I also saw there is a P320 xcompact right around the corner, has a different trigger from the looks but has a ROMEO1 RDS mount. Just looking for some opinions and wisdom on P320 RX/X compact vs Glock19 Gen5 MOS, and then P320 RX compact vs P320 X compact, or any other possible recommendations.

Much appreciated,

Posts: 26 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForTiLLiaN:
I am in the market for a compact and have been debating on a G19 Gen5 MOS. After seeing a P320 RX Compact, I really like the modular ability. What concerns me is some of the comments I have read about the ROMEO1 having battery issues, having issues getting them to turn on after turning off. I have also read that there are adapter plates to run other RDS, but I assume with the adapter plates it would no longer co-witness, is that correct? I also saw there is a P320 xcompact right around the corner, has a different trigger from the looks but has a ROMEO1 RDS mount. Just looking for some opinions and wisdom on P320 RX/X compact vs Glock19 Gen5 MOS, and then P320 RX compact vs P320 X compact, or any other possible recommendations.

Much appreciated,

Gen 5 19 MOS everyday to include Sunday. Smaller, lighter, and I love the Gen 5 checkering and frame. After watching some videos on the ROMEO1, I’ll never own one. I can’t see spending the money on something that’s not going to hold up in a drop.

As soon as Sig releases the Xgrip compact module, I’ll get one for my P320SC. I can’t answer your questions about plates and do-witnessing, but as a Sig snob, I much prefer the 19.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Pick one you like. Each have pluses, each have detractors. One isn’t a clear winner over the other.

Expect a lot of G19 responses from the faithful. But, most if asked if they like thighs or boobs, they would answer “Glock 19”.

As to the whole Romeo thing, it’s like Bigfoot. A lot of people scream about them being junk, but all the serious shooters I know have no issues.

Lot of good choices out there today with the 320 and 19 being in good company.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I have a couple Glocks (G26 Gen5, G22 Gen3) and a P229. I really like the trigger on the p229 compared to my Glocks, it's not that I don't like the Glock trigger, but I do recognize the P229 is cleaner and crisper and from what I've read the p320 has a decent trigger compared to Glock and I've never messed with my Glock triggers as they are carry guns. Part of me is leaning towards the p320 because it's modular and I'm expecting a better stock trigger. Honestly what's really hanging me up is the semi-proprietary RDS mount. I plan I getting to the range to check out the p320 xseries, just wanted to get some opinions and maybe learn about a consideration I haven't thought of.

Posts: 26 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you asked, I say P320 RX Compact.

Why? Because try as I may, and I have tried, and been forced to try....I just don't like Glocks.

Who am I and why should you care? I'm one of many here who enjoys marksmanship and training with firearms, so toss my opinion wherever you'd like. Smile

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Pick one you like. Each have pluses, each have detractors. One isn’t a clear winner over the other.

Expect a lot of G19 responses from the faithful. But, most if asked if they like thighs or boobs, they would answer “Glock 19”.

As to the whole Romeo thing, it’s like Bigfoot. A lot of people scream about them being junk, but all the serious shooters I know have no issues.

What he said. Both will serve you fine. I personally like Glocks better than the 320. Reasons:

320 sits way too high in the hand for me. Do I notice it when shooting? Not really, I just don't like it. It's also just too thick and generally bulky feeling. I think the way it sits in the hand adds to this general feeling.

320 polymer feels cheap. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying I don't like the feel of it.

I have trouble taking Sig seriously with all their gimmicky bullshit.

Pro's of the 320 as I see it:

Great trigger. Glock trigger have gotten a lot better, but the 320 is still better imo.

If you'll use the modularity thing, that's a nice option.

Factory sights are bette than Glock factory sights imo.

Those are just some thoughts for consideration. Having said all that, I still think the M&P 2.0 is better than both.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the question the optic or the pistol? I have a Sig P320 RX with Romeo 1, P226 RX with Romeo 1 and a M&P 2.0 with a Trijicon RMR. I’ve ran them all in steel and USPSA matches. They are all very accurate pistols. I’ve so far qualified as a B shooter and typically finish 2nd in steel matches. So, the RMR has a bigger battery, longer life, but a smaller field of view. Plus the battery is under the optic. The Romeo 1 has a smaller battery, but it’s top mounted and easy to replace. I keep a spare in my range bag. The field of view is larger, really helpful shooting steel, and I can adjust the size of the dot. I learned early with the Romeo 1 to manually turn off the optic when not in use versus the automatic turn off feature. I really like them both, but the larger field of view keeps me shooting my Sig Romeo 1. I actually prefer the P226 because of the DA/SA trigger. I might pick up a Langdon Tactical PX4 with optic to try a polymer gun with a DA/SA trigger.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like boobs.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, most if asked if they like thighs or boobs, they would answer “Glock 19”.

Way to leave us ass guys out. What the hell man? Wink

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roughneck6:
Is the question the optic or the pistol? I have a Sig P320 RX with Romeo 1, P226 RX with Romeo 1 and a M&P 2.0 with a Trijicon RMR. I’ve ran them all in steel and USPSA matches. They are all very accurate pistols. I’ve so far qualified as a B shooter and typically finish 2nd in steel matches. So, the RMR has a bigger battery, longer life, but a smaller field of view. Plus the battery is under the optic. The Romeo 1 has a smaller battery, but it’s top mounted and easy to replace. I keep a spare in my range bag. The field of view is larger, really helpful shooting steel, and I can adjust the size of the dot. I learned early with the Romeo 1 to manually turn off the optic when not in use versus the automatic turn off feature. I really like them both, but the larger field of view keeps me shooting my Sig Romeo 1. I actually prefer the P226 because of the DA/SA trigger. I might pick up a Langdon Tactical PX4 with optic to try a polymer gun with a DA/SA trigger.

I have not used an optic on a pistol before. I like what Glock has done with their MOS models with adapter plates where as SIG does not offer adapter plates to run an optic other than the ROMEO1. This would be less of issue if there wasn't as much negative feedback about the ROMEO1, so I appreciate reading you've have good luck with it, other then the MOTAC battery drain. I've not heard of a Langdon Tactical PX4 so I'm going to check that out as well.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Get a 320 Tactical, have slide cut for RMR. Best of both worlds!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForTiLLiaN:
where as SIG does not offer adapter plates to run an optic other than the ROMEO1. This would be less of issue

There are some aftermarket plates. I don't know the scope and depth of model and optic coverage,
but I personally know shooters who run Deltapoints on their X5s. Maybe something worth looking into.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I've been a long-time Glock carrier, 1990 to be exact. Really love my 23.3 and my 19.4

They both shoot very well and obviously Glock proven for dependability.

BUT, bought a P320cRX and it quickly became my EDC. Any optic will enhance your shooting, but the 320 is a really sweet shooter.

The package is well thought out, suppressor night-sights and no doubt the best trigger in the "striker" market.

I love my G's but the Sig is nice and worthy.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I like boobs.

+1

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like thighs Wink

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like Boobs !!! not small ones like the g43 and not large ones like the g40 but the perfect size is the g19 Razz

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
me I like boobs too. But I've seen way too many 320 optics go down like 100% of those that have come to matches I RSO (not internet lore, but actual personal observation. not bigfoot, not screaming) to trust. Now I have committed to jljones to actually shooting one of these suckers for awhile rather than sniping on the side and I'll do that but it will be a few months till we have big round counts.
But if there is a gun that has the most proven track record of reliability its the 19.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
me I like boobs too. But I've seen way too many 320 optics go down like 100% of those that have come to matches I RSO (not internet lore, but actual personal observation. not bigfoot, not screaming) to trust. Now I have committed to jljones to actually shooting one of these suckers for awhile rather than sniping on the side and I'll do that but it will be a few months till we have big round counts.
But if there is a gun that has the most proven track record of reliability its the 19.

100%? To paraphrase Ulysses Everett McGill: Well ain't this place a geographical oddity....100% Sig electro-optics failure.

And yes - I vote arse/boob/thigh and sig320.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have shot some of my friends' Glocks and was issued one. I shot them well enough and easily qualified with the one I was issued, but I didn't care for how the grip felt in my hand and I didn't like the safety tab in the trigger.

I have had several versions of the P320 and currently have the P320c RX. It is one of the more comfortable pistols I have shot and it is accurate.

What it boils down to is personal preference.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post