SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Installing DP Micro on HK?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing DP Micro on HK? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I have the DP Micro installed on a Glock. Currently, Leupold only sells the DP Micro for select Glock and S&W models.

If I buy an H&K (say, a VP9 or VP9SK), I'd probably want to install a DP Micro on that as well. I think the key is getting the rear iron dovetail adapter on which to mount the RDS.

Who would you approach to make a dovetail adapter like this? How much do you think it would cost? Is there a reason NOT to go this route?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
first I think the dovetail adapters have the problematic issue of too much height and backup irons.
But the solution on the VP9 specifically is just get an ORC version. Has the slide milled and the necessary sights. I have a couple (using RMR) and works great.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'd consider an OR slide but don't need the rear iron. I'd still need an adapter to mount the DP Micro to the OR slide.

Trying to find a recommended shop to make such a thing. I'm not finding a third party adapter that allows for installing a DP Micro (say, the Glock model) onto an HK VP9 slide.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see that you could mount the DP Micro on any gun with a rear sight, but I've never seen one in person. But in any case the people that I think do a great job at making low volume stuff for lots of guns (not one off, but maybe(I doubt it) there is a market for this) is EGW. You could ask them.
I personally don't think this product is going to have legs.
Obviously any good machinist can make what you need.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I'd consider an OR slide but don't need the rear iron. I'd still need an adapter to mount the DP Micro to the OR slide.

Trying to find a recommended shop to make such a thing. I'm not finding a third party adapter that allows for installing a DP Micro (say, the Glock model) onto an HK VP9 slide.

Quite a few places mill VP9s, I have not seen any that offer the micro delta as an option. Maybe message vulcan, jagerworks, or sastactical customs.

Posts: 7 | Location: New Mexico  | Registered: January 24, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’ll check egw, etc.