SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Brought Out The Trifecta (1911/Luger/Nambu)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought Out The Trifecta (1911/Luger/Nambu) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Love these pieces of history. Luger was made in 1940, the Colt and Nambu were both made in 1943.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3601 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My Luger is a pre-WWII that was wartime stamped. I'd love to find a reasonable 1911, but I think those days are gone. Never been interested in the Nambu.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never bought a Nambu. Have a couple of 1911's and some Lugers.
Really like the workmanship of the Lugers.
Nice group!

Posts: 339 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Nice pieces. I've got a 1918 vintage 1911 and a WWII era Luger (not sure of the year; I have to research that one of these days).

A period correct Hi-Power and Walther P38 would be cool to add.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16535 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I don’t own any of these but they are all pretty cool. Do you ever shoot any of them? I would like to own a Luger some day.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Neat. Add an Inglis Hi Power or Webley No. 1 and you'll have a semi-auto quadfecta. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I've got a p38, and a few other German ww2 pistols, but the Hi Power hasn't made it into the stable yet. Someday.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Do you ever shoot any of them? I would like to own a Luger some day.

I take the Luger and the 1911 out occasionally, rarely the Nambu as ammo is a little harder to come by. They can be finicky as well.

You'll love the Luger if you get one Smile

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3601 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post