SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New 229 Legion---Rough Start
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 229 Legion---Rough Start Login/Join 
Picture of rwilli
posted
Finally got my new P229 Legion 9mm SA/DA last week and took her out for her first range trip----It started out rough and leveled off at OK, but was no where close to WOW---which is what I was hoping for---considering the cost.

As a note, I have several other Sigs and I always clean and lube my new guns prior to use..

Ill start with the good first. Fit, finish, balance, performance were all above par to excellent. The G-10 grips and the over all feel of the pistol was outstanding--I particularly like the low profile slide lock and the high cut grip and beaver tail were noticeable improvements over the standard p229.

Accuracy was marginal at first but greatly improved after 400 rounds.

Unfortunately, With this 229 Legion, The trigger started out heavy and very very gritty and I was less than impressed with the sights. After about 400 rounds and another good cleaning the gun started performing at the OK-to Pretty good level. The trigger smoothed out and I got use to the sights. But still no where near the feel and break of my P226 9mm EE or my West German P220 45. Even My M11 A1 feels better at the moment.

I have no doubt that this is a great pistol, I just expected more straight out of the box for this price. I am going to give it another 300 or 400 rounds before final judgement.

I am curious if other Legion owners have had similar experience or if I just got that one special Legion.

Regards,

Bob

(Edited per recommendation)--Thanks Rockyriver.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwilli,

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
You left out two important aspects of your review you may want to go back and add that to your original post for others.
Is this a DA/SA or a SAO.
There’s a huge difference in the guns.
Also what caliber is the gun?

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The OP states 9mm in his first sentence.

Posts: 9033 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

The OP states 9mm in his first sentence.

Also comparing to 226 enhanced elite and M11-A1, so I'm guessing it's a DA/SA.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:

I have no doubt that this is a great pistol, I just expected more straight out of the box for this price.

Ditto with my 9mm DA/SA P229-Legion-RX

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That has not been my experience with my P220 DA\SA. It's trigger has gotten smoother over time.
Sights are pretty subjective. I prefer Trijicon hd's over the Sig X-Rays but so far not enough to change them.
Maybe call Sig cs and see what they think. You may get a trigger job out of the deal. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
I was going to do one more trip to the range and if I am still unhappy, I will definitely be calling sig---Thanks,

Bob

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That has not been my experience with my P220 DA\SA. It's trigger has gotten smoother over time.
Sights are pretty subjective. I prefer Trijicon hd's over the Sig X-Rays but so far not enough to change them.
Maybe call Sig cs and see what they think. You may get a trigger job out of the deal. Smile

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post