SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig M11A1 Grip Options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig M11A1 Grip Options Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
Quick question for the Sig experts: will the P229 DA/SA Legion grips fit my M11-A1 without modification?I just love those Legion grips.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe they will. How do you get them?
The E2 grip needs an exchange of the struts seat and a spring (don’t recall the name)
But there is a kit

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
...will the P229 DA/SA Legion grips fit my M11-A1 without modification?

Since the Legion's left grip panel is cut for that tiny Legion slide catch, you'll need to use the dremel tool to open up that area of the slide catch a little, so that it will fit the regular size slide catch on the M11-A1.

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just buy the Hogue G10 grips. Same maker but a lot cheaper . In stock at Greg Cote .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO I love my rubber Hogue grips. They are inexpensive also.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 884 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I’ve got a P226 Legion and the grips feel really good to me. Not a fan of the stock grips pn my newly acquired M11-A1. Saw a pair on Sig website for the 229.
Had a Sig with E2 grips years ago and yes they were thinner but also ugly.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
IMHO I love my rubber Hogue grips. They are inexpensive also.

I'll echo this. Hogue grips are great.

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post