SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig x-Five Tactical (enhanced) vs X-Five SO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig x-Five Tactical (enhanced) vs X-Five SO Login/Join 
Banned/rude/idiot
posted
Are these the same pistol, with just a different name ? A few years ago when the X-series pistols hit the US market, I bought a X-Five Tactical and really loved it. When rumors started surfacing that Sig was no longer exporting these pistols, I became concerned about being able to find parts if something was to break....so I sold it.

Now that I'm in the market again, I'm no longer seeing a X-series Tactical, only the SO. They appear to be identical in appearance, except the Tactical had Sig night sights.

Anyone out there have insight in the this series of pistols ? I'm looking at an X-Press that is listed for sale on this board....also a couple SO's that I've found on a different board.

X-Five SO

X-Five Tactical

Posts: 43 | Registered: December 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Tactical = Al frame
SO = All steel
AL SO = same as Tactical

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
The Tactical has an alloy frame. The SO normally comes with a steel frame but were also available with alloy frames.

The X-Press is also an all steel frame and, as I understand it, they use MIM parts to reduce manufacturing costs.

Edit: Q types quicker than me Wink.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still confused. Is the X-Press or the X5 Entry the Euro or American version? Didn't the X5 Entry come out first?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/rude/idiot
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge they are both Euro models, because none of the “Enhanced” models have been made in the US.

I believe the Entry model was part of the initial offering, and the X-Press came later. Neither currently appear on the German website.

Posts: 43 | Registered: December 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
I'm still confused. Is the X-Press or the X5 Entry the Euro or American version? Didn't the X5 Entry come out first?

The Xpress (Europe) is the Entry (US). But, some folks have been importing the Xpress, so, it's over here now, also.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post