SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My newest Glock: G17M Gen5 MOS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My newest Glock: G17M Gen5 MOS Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted
It is pretty nice. (G19M Gen5 MOS coming next...)

The RMR is dialed in.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to look up what the differences were with the standard model and the "M" model. The internals are coated differently, different FBI spec mag release, extended slide release and nice night sights. I like the orange front night sight as it really stands out.

Sounds like a nice gun with upgrades. Congrats.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up.. mind sharing where you got it? Also, what dot size did you choose?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
Nice pick up.. mind sharing where you got it? Also, what dot size did you choose?

I got them from Glock. Wink

I went with the Trijicon RMR Type 2 adjustable RM06 (preferred) in 3.25 MOA dot, but could have also done RM07 in 6.5 MOA dot.

MOS plate is the C&H Precision Glock MOS V4 plate (GL-RSH).

Ameriglo 3-dot subdued Tritium night sights GL-815 (3XL)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Do the 17/19M get front slide serrations and frame beveling now or only the MOS versions of them? What about the half-moon grip cutout?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the M still have the cutout in the front of the grip?

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat. The M guns are available commercially periodically as well. I've sold a handful of them.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
quote:

I went with the Trijicon RMR Type 2 adjustable RM06 (preferred) in 3.25 MOA dot, but could have also done RM07 in 6.5 MOA dot.

Funny Guy :P

Thanks for sharing the details. Again, great looking pistol..

I went with a 3.25 MOA and the same model for my 19.5. I was debating on a 1 MOA or stick with the 3.25v MOA for my 17.5..

I used the OEM Glock plate, is the C&H plate significantly better?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
quote:

Funny Guy :P

Thanks for sharing the details. Again, great looking pistol..

I went with a 3.25 MOA and the same model for my 19.5. I was debating on a 1 MOA or stick with the 3.25v MOA for my 17.5..

I used the OEM Glock plate, is the C&H plate significantly better?

Thank you. No regrets at all it has been a great pistol so far. Not easy to conceal, thus I am hoping the G19M MOS gets here soon.

C&H plate. No idea, but my Outfit only authorized us to use that one.

Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I got two Streamlight TLR-HLs. One for each, but...

I am going to put a Streamlight TLR-7A Flex on the G19M MOS.

I will put the extra light on my old G21.3.

It is a fine light, but it has a very large footprint.

Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Do the 17/19M get front slide serrations and frame beveling now or only the MOS versions of them? What about the half-moon grip cutout?

I have had a couple G19Ms since early 2018. One issued and one I purchased. These were the early versions with the non-beveled frame and the half-moon grip that some folks hated.

I believe that they removed the half-moon grip a few years ago on the standard Ms and have kept that. Same with the beveled frame.

I think the front slide serrations are specific to the M MOS versions, but not 100% sure.

My 2018 Ms

posted Hide Post
My 17M out of the box had the best factory-new trigger of any Glock I have owned. My 19M trigger was fine, but the 17M was great.

Posts: 143 | Location: Newnan GA | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post