P210A-9-TGT Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by browndog2:
oops, mea culpa

both at 1 inch and a quarter (1 1/4")
measured center to center of the farthest apart.

Which would be good for 50 yards, but not so much at 25

Sorry for the troubles troubles with the adabpter but still bretty interesting, but I dont understand why 1 1/4" is bad @ 25yds.
With a 1 1/4" group you holding the potential for a world champion titel right in your hand. Best groups are with factory ammo are normally shot with Magtech 124gr. FMJ which groups around 1" depending on the condition of the recoils spring. A normal, realistic averarge group is in the ballpark of 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" at the same distance depending on ammo and recoil spring.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OTD,

After I posted my discontent with the groups, I decided "inch and a quarter" was probably just fine. There were larger groups from different loads that were disappointing. I'm done playing with the ransom rest for a while. If I revisit the ransom rest with the P210, I'll need to purchase another grip insert, which is not likely to happen in the near future. Oh well, it was a fun day at the range anyway.

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Browndog, thanks for making the effort.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post