SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My New CZ 75 Tactical Sports 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New CZ 75 Tactical Sports 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Earlier this week I found this gem at my LGS and decided I couldn't live without. This steel-on-steel beauty tips the scales at a whopping 45 oz. and comes with a 5.23" barrel. The factory trigger is crisp and clean - breaking at about 2-2.5 lbs. Intended for IPSC, the pistol came with three (3) 20-round magazines, three (3) replacement slide stops and a spare extractor. While I don't shoot IPSC, as an informal paper puncher I plan to upgrade the factory fixed sights with an old school CZ Custom Bo-Mar style adjustable rear and compatible serrated front. Down the road I plan to replace the polymer trigger and recoil spring guide with metal parts. Weather permitting, I hope to hit the range tomorrow. Obligatory photo attached. Thanks!

CZ 75 Tactical Sports 9mm

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glock 19er
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun! Congrats!

>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->

Posts: 570 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Registered: March 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful! I got rid of my CZ's about 4 years ago but these last few weeks I have been looking at picking another one up. They are just such great guns. Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I’ve not seen an original Tactical Sports in person, but I sure like the Tactical Sports Orange I have.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Very accurate. Love mine!

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
That is beautiful! I got rid of my CZ's about 4 years ago but these last few weeks I have been looking at picking another one up. They are just such great guns. Congrats!

mbinky - I bought one of your CZ 75's in September 2016. While unloading my truck after a trip to camp in October of the same year, some neighborhood miscreant took advantage of the situation (vehicle momentarily unlocked in front of my house) and removed the pistol from my center console. While I suspect I know the party who stole it, to date the pistol has not been recovered. This new CZ 75 Tactical Sports is actually a replacement for the one which was stolen. They are truly great pistols.

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Zoinks! Man that was only two years ago I sold that 75? Wow time flies. I was actually looking at pics I had of it on my computer a few weeks ago and I missed it. I hope they find it but that is a great replacement!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Very nice! The Force is strong with CZ. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find myself selling guns I once wanted to replace them with my new “favorites.”

The new “wish list” is made up of SIGs & CZs, now!

Very nice “get!” Big Grin

It has taken me many years (I’m 54) to realize I don’t shoot all handguns with equal accuracy and some just have to go, nostalgic or not! For this reason, I no longer pine for 1911s (despite being armored-qualified on them, among others). I sold my last 1911 last year.

Still looking for my first CZ!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, sounds like it has an awesome trigger. It should be a tack driver and a lot of fun. Wonder why they have 3 slide stops with it. I have a stock CZ75B SA and it's a tack driver and great pistol.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece. Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
The big SA CZ 75s have always held my attention.

Great looking pistol and I think you've come up with some great thoughtful upgrades.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Wonder why they have 3 slide stops with it.

I wondered the same as well. As it was explained in the attached video, the slide stop is susceptible to breakage with high round counts. The problem is supposedly exacerbated when crud is allowed to build up in the locking area, putting increased stress on the slide stop.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on the buy. Those things are fantastic shooters. I've got the 9mm.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet, would love to hear how it shoots for you.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Wonder why they have 3 slide stops with it.

'Consumable item' category.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Sweet, would love to hear how it shoots for you.

My CZ 75 Tactical Sport 9mm shoots wonderfully. At 45 oz., it may well be the most pleasant shooting centerfire pistol I own. During a very quick & informal trip to the range, I was consistently hitting slightly left with the factory fixed sights. Elevation however was dead-nuts-on. Function was 100% with 115 gr. FMJ's. As planned from the beginning, I have since upgraded to a CZ Custom Bo-Mar style adjustable rear with a serrated front. (In retrospect, I may have been better served by drifting the rear and retaining the factory sights, though I do prefer the lower profile of the Bo-Mar set-up.) Once dialed in, even with my aging eyes I'm confident I will see (for me) respectable groups. The pistol is easy to shoot well. Sadly, CZ USA recently announced this model has been discontinued for 2019.

CZ Custom Bo-Mar Style Adjustable Rear Sight

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
that fixed sight you have on there makes a great slide racker. i'd shoot some with it before abandoning it. I liked that rear sight a lot when I had my TS./

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
that fixed sight you have on there makes a great slide racker. i'd shoot some with it before abandoning it. I liked that rear sight a lot when I had my TS./

Agreed, but too late. I already took the plunge. I'm wishing now I would have kept the fixed factory sights. A few taps with a brass punch and it would have been dead-on with 115 gr. FMJ's.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I didn't even catch that you were the one posting with the adjustable site... Sorry.

There is a guy named DS Perman that makes an extra strength safety detent spring. If you have man sized hands and use a modern grip, you will want to pick some of those up. I would often flick the safety up enough to keep the gun from firing with my support hand. This seems to be a fairly common issue with the TS and Czechmate guns around here.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post