14 inch shockwave

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3120089984

April 10, 2022, 08:52 AM
oddball
14 inch shockwave
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:

Enjoy your new gun - with practice it can be more than a range toy.

I agree, just using the Clint Smith youtube clips as "training" videos for firmly gripping in front technique, short range accuracy is not difficult, say at 7 yards. I have an older 20 gauge one, so it does have less recoil than a 12 g one. My wife can be reasonably accurate with it at 15 feet. For close quarters defense, it is a viable option (it is one of our options at home).

I remember when Lucky Gunner slammed the Shockwave years ago, and now he has a slight change of heart.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
April 10, 2022, 06:50 PM
Inusuit
Just me but the only thing I have on my Shockwave is a sling. Seems if you add optics and shell carriers, you have compromised some of the useful handiness of the firearm. Just my opinion.
April 10, 2022, 08:08 PM
VictimNoMore
Bought my 12 ga version about one month ago, and absolutely love the thing. Mine rides in a 18” Bulldog case that is nondescript.
Mini shells are very manageable.
I prefer (and keep) Fiocchi 00 buck in it.
April 10, 2022, 09:41 PM
GrumpyBiker
Love mine, all tarted up it’s effective HD & fun.
Plenty of accessories to set it up the way you want it.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

April 10, 2022, 10:01 PM
colt_saa
I have had two 12" Remington 870WPs for probably 3 decades now. I also have a 14" Mossberg 590 Marine Magnum from the same era.

Mine are all NFA Title II firearms. I applaud Mossberg for figuring out this Title I configuration that has sold so many little shotguns.

I have added a Green Crimson Trace Side Saddle to the Mossberg and I am thrilled with the improvement

I learned to hip shoot these by blowing through lots of 12 gauge, but the Agency paid for my ammo so it was not too big a deal. These days with the price of ammunition things are different. A side saddle gives you that hip shoot skill almost instantly

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com