SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LCP 2 question about inserting mags and the mag release.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCP 2 question about inserting mags and the mag release. Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
I was looking an LCP 2 recently and the mag wouldn’t insert without pushing the release button to get it past the head of the mag. Is this normal?

It was the only one left so I couldn’t compare it against any others.

Thank you.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. It smoothes out (some). Combination of stiff release with hard edge. Not an issue on every LCP II, but I would say 50% easily. Was also a thing on first gen LCPs.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue with my LCPII (failing to accept a magazine without pressing on the release during insertion). Contact Ruger and they'll send you a shipping label. Use it to ship the gun to their Customer Service people and they'll have it repaired and returned to you in just a week or two.

I was very pleased with their quick turnaround and work. These are nice little pistols and the problem is apparently fairly easy to correct. The trigger on my LCPII is much nicer than on my first edition, and of course the new version has real sights. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10210 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Good to know, Puli.

I don’t have one yet. I have some points at Cabela’s and figured I could get one for about $200 using that. Maybe I can pick and choose so I don’t have to send it in immediately.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have owned a few LCP pistols and some you can insert a mag without pushing a button, and on some you can’t. I am unsure the differences involved.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
I had the same exact issue. I thought it was the mag catch needing to be beveled a bit. I called Ruger and they sent me a new mag. New mag inserts fine. I took a stone to the original mag and just rounded off the lip of the mag that comes into contact with the mag catch. It now works perfectly.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Update: found a gently used extended mag version today in one of Cabela’s Gun Libraries. Using my Cabela’s cash, I got it for well under $200 and the mag seats without pushing the button.

Thanks for all the help.