SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo1PRO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo1PRO Login/Join 
posted
Looking to get an optic sight for my 320. Please tell me the difference between the "Reflex Sight" and the "Red Dot Sight". Either is available on the Romeo1PRO. I don't have a clue.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Basically the same thing. It's two different ways to describe the same Romeo 1 Pro optic. It's not an either/or thing.

"Reflex sight" means that there is a reticle that is projected into the shooter's field of view through the use of a reflector. (Most commonly this will be a red dot reticle, but there are reflex sights out there that have a different color or style of reticle.)

"Red dot sight" describes a reflex sight whose reticle is a dot that is red colored.

So the Romeo 1 Pro is both a reflex sight (a slightly more broad description) and a red dot sight (a slightly more narrow description), all at the same time.

It's like saying your P320 is a pistol, and your P320 is a handgun. You're not having to decide between buying either the pistol version of the P320 or the handgun version of the P320. It's both.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that great explanation.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 320 slide with the Romeo 1 Pro, it came with the 6moa dot. I found the dot way too big, a 3 moa dot is easy to see and easier to be precise. Just my recommendation.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 3moa dot it should arrive this afternoon. Range tomorrow.