SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 trigger reach reduction: trigger or grip frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 trigger reach reduction: trigger or grip frame? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I am new to the 320. I have the FS version, with a medium frame. I would like to reduce the trigger reach a smidge.

Would changing to a Full Sized/Small frame reduce this reach as well as the thickness?

or is it just the grip area that is thinner?

Does Gray Guns' Hybrid upgrade reduce the reach in addition to all of the quality of use upgrades?

What about the Apex Forward Set trigger/bar upgrade?

I read 'flat trigger' and my first instinct is that it increases the reach. How wrong am I?

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I had a trainee with very small hands that I had try the small grip module. She didn’t think it made enough difference and went back to the medium. I don’t have it available to try any measurements, though.

Depending on where one’s finger contacts the trigger, the straight trigger can reduce the reach distance. Again, I don’t have a curved trigger installed to check, but because it curves forward at the bottom and the straight trigger doesn’t, I find the straight trigger easier to reach because my finger curves toward the bottom of the trigger guard. That’s why I have straight triggers in all my striker fire SIGs.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the xframe module. I have a 320x carry. most comfortable midsize/full-size gun I’ve ever held and shot. It’s a totally different angle and feel from the round grip 320

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
All the standard 320 grip modules feel "plump" to me and remind me of the feel of a 226/228

The X-frames as more "flat" on the sides to provide more feedback as to the orientation of the gun in your hand

You might try to Wilson Combat grip modules as they are based on the "Small" module and have a bit more contouring. Supposed to remind users of a 1911

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
You might try to Wilson Combat grip modules ....

I and several others who have tried them prefer the Wilson Combat grip modules. They are thinner from side to side and that can help with trigger reach.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple Sig "X" series grip modules in the small size and was quite happy with them. They are both thinner and shorter-(front to back), than the medium size and even more so compared to the standard roundish looking stock grip modules.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't have a small grip module to measure (could have sworn we did, but I can't find it), but the distance between the trigger bow and backstrap on a medium module is roughly 2 5/8" (had to measure with a tape because I don't have any calipers handy), and the same measurement is 2 7/8" on my large module, so there is a difference in trigger reach between the modules. Presumably the reach on the small would then be a bit shorter than the medium. There's also a reduction in the circumference with the small module, so that should improve your reach even further.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Thanks for all of the insight you've shared.

I finally found the Full Sized Sig-brand Small grip modules and received it today.

My reach issues are resolved!!!!

Now I just have to decide if I want to use a Gray Guns or Apex trigger setup.

My existing trigger 'breaks' at about 6.5lbs. My goal is around 4.5-5lbs, with less reset [if possible].

Now to research the posts on these two triggers for a few months before splurging.

Thanks again!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The best 320 trigger, IMHO. The flat trigger is amazing...

https://www.apextactical.com/f...ger-kit-for-sig-p320

Posts: 12 | Location: WA | Registered: April 15, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:

My existing trigger 'breaks' at about 6.5lbs. My goal is around 4.5-5lbs, with less reset [if possible].

Now to research the posts on these two triggers for a few months before splurging.

You can get less reset travel with the Apex Tactical Forward Set Sear (FSS) kit...they both address overtravel

GGI offers a replacement sear that Apex doesn't, Apex offers a modified trigger bar that GGI doesn't

I just got both and pick and chose which parts I wanted to install

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post