SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What comes first - magazines or holster?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What comes first - magazines or holster? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
What do you consider to be more important when buying a new gun - additional magazines, or a new holster?

Question:
When you get a new gun, what do you tend to purchase first:

Choices:
Additional Magazines
Holster
I buy both at the same time

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
For me I always buy more mags first(I keep 6 per pistol I own.) I always buy a holster but that's not as important to me as some of my pistols will only be range/house guns and never carried.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's easy. Mags, mags, mags.

Posts: 7487 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Mags. I don't carry every pistol I own.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yup.. start with more magazines.

The way I see it, more mags to run the gun while you're breaking it in/getting to know it.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mags first. Once I decide if/how a pistol will be carried then a holster.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for mags! There are so many different holsters out there that you'll want to shop around once you get the feel of your new gun. The holster that works fine for a 1911 won't work so well for a Glock, for most people.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'd have to go with magazines when they can be found. I have a habit of buying guns that aren't exactly mainstream to begin with.

Some day I'll get a 1911 in 45 ACP or that Glock made in 9mm...

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Extra magazines. A holster never won a gun battle.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Every pistol I have has several mags. Not every one has a holster.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Prefer to have at least six mags per pistol.
Mags are secondary.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Prefer to have at least six mags per pistol.
Mags are secondary.

You mean, holsters are secondary?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The commies love to ban mags. Holsters, not so much,...yet.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Order the holster first. A good one will take months to arrive. Then pick up mags in the meantime.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
What henryaz said.....

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Best to wait and see if it's a keeper first.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
True, but assuming it's a keeper, mags. I've been conditioned by the past...jeez, '94 was 23 years ago?..by events over the past twenty-three years.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, mags first. I don't rotate my carry, never understood that. So I only get a holster if it's going to become my EDC.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to buy mags when I see a good deal then buy the gun to match....

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'll shoot it a few times before I buy anything for it. If I like it, I'll normally order both holsters and mags for a carry gun. For a range gun, I'll probably only order mags unless I plan to do some shooting games with it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post