SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why do I keep wanting to by an SP2022?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do I keep wanting to by an SP2022? Login/Join 
posted
Seems like everyone who has one loves it. Anybody NOT love theirs out there?

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I don't have one, I have SP2009's and SP2340's, and I lubs dem. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost as powerful a force as you will buy a Glock I've found..

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do I keep wanting to by an SP2022?

Cause they are awesome pistols! Big Grin

IMHO, they have the best DA/SA trigger out there right out of the box. It's one of, if not the only stock pistol I'd carry or compete with and not touch the trigger.
(Not saying it can't be improved a little, but it doesn't need much.)

As Bruce Gray said, it's "A Glock 19 with a soul." Wink

I had one, never shot it, ended up trading it for another pistol. Almost instantly regretted it, went and bought a replacement.

Me lubs dem too Big Grin

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Don't do it! Big Grin

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my two tone.
Whine:
It would have been smart of Sig to set it up to use P226 mags.
It would be great to have a more compact single stack 2022.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of appeal to it -- its "old school" SA/DA but made of polymer, and it works.

Apparently the French Security Forces -- who have their hands full with terrorists -- have been using them successfully for years, and plan to use them through at least 2022...

It's a little oversized, though. It would be great if Sig made a plastic SA/DA pistol with somewhat compact dimensions -- about the size of the P250/P320. Could that grip stock house a classic SA/DA module? I bet it could. Anyway, it would rock, and the P2022 could shuffle off this mortal coil on its scheduled time... 2022...

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Don't do it! Big Grin

Okay, that pistol there is a problem. I'm such a sucker for that look on that pistol.

As for the "why", I've owned two of them, a couple years apart. There's something I LOVE about the way they look, and the trigger is the smoothest stock DA/SA trigger I've experienced. Price is great as well.

Unfortunately, I no longer own one, as 1) I'm not trying to be a collector, 2) Money does not grow on any trees in my back yard, and 3) I simply shot the HK P30/P30L platform better. I WANTED to justify keeping the SP2022, and I would have kept it, but the P30 is way more comfortable in hand and I shot it better.

A cold, hard decision, I know, but I made it. I'm piecing together a P320 X-Carry-ish pistol here in the coming months, so we'll see if the HK can still hang at the top. If not, it'll meet the same fate as the SP2022. Smile

As for you, go pick one up at a gun store and see what you think. It's hard NOT to recommend it. An excellent pistol.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Had one in 9mm. I got rid of it for a S&W 627.
I finally got another one but it is 40 with 357 barrel. Some day I will grad a 9mm barrel for it. This one is not going away.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There remains a SP2340 in the Classifieds for sale at a excellent price.

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 2340 a few years ago, nice gun.

I keep wanting a 2022 9mm but I don't want to buy magazines and holsters. I can't just have a gun and couple of magazines, I want 10-15 magazines and OWB / IWB holsters.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d have five of them, if Sig would just put them out with a flat magazine base plate.

Posts: 851 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Me and Jason Born love em. Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
...It's a little oversized, though.

That would be the only negative I could see with them. They're a great value in my opinion.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great trigger from the price point. Never seen one not shoot well..l

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only have one problem with mine. Why did I wait so long to get one??

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up myself. Started my Sig collection 15 years ago with a SP2340, but sold it. Saw a SP2022 on sale back in October and thought I’d try it again.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My SP2340 was awesome and I regret getting rid of it. My SP2022 was a nightmare that went back to SIG twice before I gave up and traded it for a Glock.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have a 2022 in .40 that is a wonderful shooter with a great trigger; makes me want to buy another in 9mm but in FDE.

I did also put a Galloway Precision Hannibal trigger in mine. Not that it needed it, I just wanted it.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post