SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking For Pistol Optic Covers -- Need SF Optimum Choice!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Pistol Optic Covers -- Need SF Optimum Choice! Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Searching the big stores on the internet, one can find all sorts of optic covers. But, reviews on those sites are not of the quality we find here...

Need optic cover for Trijicon RMR 2. Must stay on. Must protect lens at IDPA and USPSA matches while holstered.

Need optic cover for Sig Romeo Max optic. Unusual piece. Cover supplied falls off. Need better cover, protecting at USPSA matches while holstered.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if this company makes what you’re seeking, but they do make covers:
https://dreamplastics.com/prod...tegory/scope-covers/

The one I purchased for an ACRO P-1 met my needs, and definitely doesn’t fall off. How it would fit in a holster, though, I can’t say.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
This

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A shame most don't come with ridged snap on covers like the old units like the Tasco Optima used to. They were great. (Odd, the current Shield brand is the company that made the Dr. Optic, the Optima and others)

I have a Dream Plastics cover for the Trij RMR on my Benelli, but it does fall off if bumped with things.

I've been experimenting with the covers of my SMSc. It's NOT pretty, but concealed is concealed. Wink Wanted to save battery life, but more importantly keep gunk out of the sight. Hot glue gun'd a cord onto it that I attach to the belt clip, or run the belt through. Cover comes off when I draw the gun. But, now and then the cover would fall off and I'd feel it dangling.

Prototype version 3.0 was to glue a little magnet to the rear end that picks up my rear sight. Keeps it nice and snug, working great. Crude looking, but no one sees it and it's working well. Next step, making a nicer looking one.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Range Panda makes a pretty good cover.

https://rangepanda.com/collections/dot-covers

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
maybe not what you're looking for but I use an OpticGard cover on my duty gun. Mainly use the blackout cover for occluded training. It still fits in my duty holster. I usually leave it in my mailbox in case someone can't find tape to do occluded training

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post