SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Questions regarding Sport compensators
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions regarding Sport compensators Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I believe last time we discussed that none were made for the 226, only the 220. Confirmation of this at this time would be greatly appreciated.

Second, I’ve attached pictures, and based off the fact that this one isn’t just the barrel weight and has the single port, would this one have been a standard length barrel that was used with it? 5”. I’ve seen 5.5” to be flush with the end of the barrel weights but obviously that makes the port useless.

Any help would be appreciated, thinking about picking up an older 220ST with the Sport frame to make one of these “220 Sport” pistols.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The compensator is not model specific and would fit both pistol models with standard 4.4" barrel and mounting rail on the frame. The muzzle bore in the compensator is also large enough for a .45 bullet. A longer barrel is not necessary because the compensator has no locking function. That remains part of the muzzle bore in the slide.
Mount the compensator, and that's it.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post