SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a 365XL

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Picked up a 365XL Login/Join 
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted
I think this will replace my G43x and G19 as my “big gun”. I pocket carry a regular 365 most of the time. Any tips,accessories, holsters, configurations I should know about? How far does a 15 rd mag stick out?


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 7614 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I think this will replace my G43x and G19 as my “big gun”. I pocket carry a regular 365 most of the time. Any tips,accessories, holsters, configurations I should know about? How far does a 15 rd mag stick out?


I added a Wilson Combat grip module. Just a tiny bit more hand filling with good stippling. I didn't hate the oem grip, but I really like the WC. I'm on the fence about a Romeo Zero and I wouldn't hesitate if changing back and forth between irons and optic was a bit less involved. Still thinking about that.



Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
 
Posts: 10707 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The XL is an amazing pistol. I cant believe how well it shoots for such a small pistol. Its big enough for a good grip with large hands, but small enough to carry easily. I really didn't think anything could replace my loved G19, but the XL is just a sweet pistol.




Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
 
Posts: 10268 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Yeah replace isn't the right word. Th XL will likely be carried more when I feel the need for more than a pocket gun.


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 7614 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
As was stated. The XL is a great pistol. Its my carry piece. I've also used it in Practical Shooting training. So accurate.

Look at the TacRig Flex Holster. Great rig.


--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L
 
Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Been carrying regularly for the past 27 years and the P365XL is hands down the best concealed carry pistol I've found (and yes I've owned many many guns in that time).

It shoots just as well as most of my fullsize guns, yet conceals comfortably. I'd say its my concealed carry gun 90% of the time, with the other 10% divided by a regular P365 and a Ruger LCPII both when I can only pocket carry.

My carry ammo for the XL is the Federal 124gr +P HST.

As far as a holster for it, I just use a simple kydex IWB.



Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
 
Posts: 4149 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you want 14 rounds in a nearly flush fit 12 round factory mag, look at the Magguts spring / follower kit.
 
Posts: 20770 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

I added a Wilson Combat grip module. Just a tiny bit more hand filling with good stippling.

I would like to get one for mine, also. Then, if Talon makes a wrap for the 365, I'll wrap the oem module for comparison.

quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Been carrying regularly for the past 27 years and the P365XL is hands down the best concealed carry pistol I've found (and yes I've owned many many guns in that time).

It shoots just as well as most of my fullsize guns, yet conceals comfortably. I'd say its my concealed carry gun 90% of the time, with the other 10% divided.....


I echo that almost verbatim. A G42 or a snub goes with me on nearby dog walks for the other 10%.
 
Posts: 280 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want 14 rounds in a nearly flush fit 12 round factory mag, look at the Magguts spring / follower kit.


I forgot about that. I have two 12rd mags converted to 14rd mags with the magguts springs/followers and they work perfectly. I highly recommend them.



Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
 
Posts: 4149 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
They are great guns I put a Wilson combat grip module on mine.
 
Posts: 6 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: May 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the Wilson combat grip works with the Raven Vanguard 2 trigger guard holster?


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 7614 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a 365XL

© SIGforum 2022