SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig 365 Macro
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig 365 Macro Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Until this Macro they all would drop the slide. I wonder is they altered something without realizing this was the result.

I don’t see it as an issue for any practical reason since it works fine with a round in the mag but it is odd.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about getting one to replace my ticked out 320C with the WC grip, Romeo 1 and threaded barrel (yes I know that I can't have the comp slide and a TB, but it's OK). I went to the gun store to consign my spare 320C and got to handle one. Wow!! I had been in my safe just before I left and was playing with my Hi Power. They felt very similar!!!!

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I held one today and it felt GREAT in the hand. Like a thinner, more ergonomic Glock 19. If the 365 series of guns is the next generation of concealed carry guns by SIG, instead of restricting it to the original micro carry 9mm, then they might have a winner here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: G-Man,

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
IIRC they're specifically not called slide release levers anymore, but slide catches, because the 365 is meant to be slingshotted and not released via the "catch lever".

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not completely true. What you are describing is purely technique. With an empty mag it won’t release the slide. Loaded mag, the slide release works just fine. They can call it a dog hair collector but that doesn’t change the function. Whether they want you to or not it releases the slide. Now if they design it so it won’t feed a round then I guess their name will stick. Lol

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
because the 365 is meant to be slingshotted and not released via the "catch lever".

Not true. The P365 is absolutely designed to be loaded by releasing the "catch lever" on an open slide.

Page 21 of the P365 operators manual says the following under section 4.4 "Loading the Pistol".

5. Insert a loaded magazine pushing it up into grip module until it locks in place. You
should hear an audible click (figure 4).
6. Release the slide by either:
a. Pressing down on the slide catch lever releasing the slide forward, chambering a
cartridge (Figure 5, Item 1).
b. Slightly pull back on the slide (Figure 5, Item 2)and release it to chamber a
cartridge.

https://www.sigsauer.com/pub/m...-01-Rev00-LR_2_1.pdf

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I picked one up today and the grip is slightly bigger in circumference (Med back strap) for it to be a much better feeling and more comfortable gun than my late P365XL. It’s noticeable side x side and hits a sweet spot for me, that until now was reserved for the Shield Plus.

17 rd mags without any extensions is an added bonus.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

Not true....

Page 21 of the P365 operators manual says...

Yep I see that. Now I have to wonder why I thought that in the first place. I thought everything I read on the internet was supposed to be true? Razz

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

Not true....

Page 21 of the P365 operators manual says...

Yep I see that. Now I have to wonder why I thought that in the first place. I thought everything I read on the internet was supposed to be true? Razz

Everything. Except the wrong ones.Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Ooh, ooh: I can resist anything except temptation—at least about terminology.

SIG has called the slide catch lever the slide catch lever for at least the 20 years since I got my first armorer manual. Why slide “catch” (and magazine catch), and not something involving “release”? Because the first part of the mechanical process in both operations is catching and holding the slide or magazine locked in position. If that isn’t done first, nothing can be released. (Even fishermen know it’s not release then catch.) Other companies sometimes use different terms, but “catch” is a logical term and that’s what SIG has (probably) always used.

And yes, although I prefer and recommend the pull and release method of releasing (now that word) the slide, if we can’t manage that there’s nothing wrong with pressing down on the slide catch lever (except perhaps for the extra wear it causes to the SCL).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's me, but 13 rounds in a pocket pistol is almost too heavy. Granted, strapping it into a belt holster makes it easier, but I still think I'd rather not have the extra weight of 5 more.

P220 SAO (EDC) (plus 22 conversion) and a variety of Carry / Compacts with some part swapping); Colt Model 70; P226 DA/SA; P226 Elite SAO & 357SIG Conversion, P320 FS & SC; P238; Sig 1911 Max; Colt Officer ACP;P365 (alternate EDC)

Posts: 595 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
Shot my Macro today. I was very pleased with it!!!! I wasn't expecting much since I have done any live fire for about three years. I shot MUCH better than I expected. I also shot my regular 365 and my 320 compact with red dot. Smile

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
A friend and his wife came out to the farm this weekend for a little shooting fun. His newest purchase was a 365 Macro. Having owned a couple 365s myself in the past, I was eager to try it.

I watched her shoot it, I watched him shoot it, and then I gave it a go. Now that I have experienced it, I only have two main thoughts relevant to this discussion.

A. "In hand" is a much different experience than what is "on paper". If the standard 365 is your benchmark, then yes, it's bigger. But if you're used to a G19 (or a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6 - like me) then it's smaller. But it shoots like a bigger gun. Think G26 in terms of performance, not the width or the height, but how it shoots bigger than it's actual size. I was impressed at how well it would hold a group, and how fast the follow-up shots came.

B. This one may just be me, and I'm old and jaded, but closing the slide on an empty magazine has got to be one of the top three most useless functions in all of the shooting world. If the the manufacturer builds the spring and follower to a light spec, the gun "won't hold open on empty" every time. If they build it to a heavy spec, the gun "won't close on an empty mag" every time. Pick your poison guys. Personally, in any fighting gun, holding open on empty is infinitely more useful than closing the slide on empty.

The two take-aways for the Macro:

1. Try it before you talk shit. I'm guilty of laughing at the memes too.

2. Name the useful application of closing the slide from full lock on an empty mag.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. It is a great gun. Period. I agree.

2. It isn’t an issue in any practical way.

If people can tear themselves away from the memes, they will discover this gun might be a game changer. G19+ capacity, easy shootability, and slim for carry without giving away any ease of operation.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
A lotta rounds in a small frame.

I like it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
[C]losing the slide on an empty magazine has got to be one of the top three most useless functions in all of the shooting world.

I usually try to observe a “Why ask why?” philosophy when looking at how other people do things that don’t affect me, but you make a valid point—and especially if something is difficult: If it’s hard to do and not necessary to do, why do it?

But there is also another factor, and that’s that it is one of the many firearms safety issues we should consider. The proper first step in unloading a gun with a detachable magazine is to remove the magazine. That ensures that nothing from the magazine gets chambered in the process. Having the magazine out when completing the process of clearing the chamber and releasing the slide also ensures that nothing gets chambered from the magazine inadvertently.

“But the magazine is empty. That’s the whole point of wanting to release the slide on an empty magazine.” Yes, just as the gun Alec Baldwin had was empty and therefore it was all right for him to point it at someone and pull the trigger. Firearms safety rules are intended to be redundant and cumulative, and not having a magazine in the gun when clearing it to put it away for storage or for other reasons just adds one more layer to the safety cake.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post