SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Devil Dog Arms guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Devil Dog Arms guns Login/Join 
posted
Found a place ,two towns over that carries Devil Dog 1911 guns. Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either the company or their products. The shop owner may want to steer me twords their 1911 , Am going over Saturday to look at Springfield's. Any attention you choose to give this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. www.devildogarms.com

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of guys making 1911s. For a relatively new arrival, and prices starting around $1200, I personally would buy something else. Go with someone who has a proven track record. Devil Dog Arms went out of business before and this is their second try.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/PySoOpxykFY

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
There are a lot of guys making 1911s. For a relatively new arrival, and prices starting around $1200, I personally would buy something else. Go with someone who has a proven track record. Devil Dog Arms went out of business before and this is their second try.

For a $1200ish 1911, I'd got with a Dan Wesson any day.

They dominate the $1000-$1500ish 1911 market. Hands down.

Significantly better and only slightly pricier than the stock factory 1911 makers (Kimber, S&W, Sig, Springfield, etc.) but not quite into the custom 1911 territory or price (Nighthawk, Fusion, Wilson, Les Baer, etc.).

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be there looking at .45 acp's. Will see if they have the Dan Wesson's.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson is the sweet spot imo. Have a couple and they are everything you can ask for.

Posts: 7484 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit to the quality of even the inexpensive Dan Wesson 1911 guns, are an amazing package. I have had a couple over the years but I am not a 1911 fan,( it is a great design but I just prefer a da/sa gun personally) but if I ever get one again,Dan Wesson is at the top of my list. I was amazed at the fit and finish. They seemed every bit as nice as higher priced 1911 pistols.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dan Wesson.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I have shot a number of their 45's and think very highly of them (Devil Dog). Their customer service is also excellent, which is a plus in this day and age. I'm not familiar enough with Dan Wesson anymore to give my advice there.

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If the gun in the embedded video is representative, it hits every overstyling cliché button. OK, I own a P320 and a CZ P-07, so I get "function over form," but that just doesn't look right on a 1911.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That is the ugliest 1911 I have ever seen.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post