SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Instead of a bear post -- alligator attacks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instead of a bear post -- alligator attacks Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
dynamite?

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
How would a 45 ACP fare with a gator?

With I good bullet, then placement it should do fine. Can’t say I’ve shot a gator though.

Posts: 6161 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
How would a 45 ACP fare with a gator?

Funny you asked, I shot one off the back of a CG boat years ago...we were issued ball ammo and it worked fine. But you have to get them behind the eyes...from the top looking down, basically draw an imaginary line between the eyes and about a hands width back. I’ve seen them shot with 22s mostly.

I wouldn’t try and engage one from a kayak, just use the paddle to fend him off...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post