SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-ray3 sights dimming
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-ray3 sights dimming Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
What has your experience been w/ X-ray3 sights?

I have two SIGs w/ X-ray sights:

P365 made in Dec 2018. Rear sights are bright. Front sight is at best 40-50% as bright as the rears.

P365XL made in Oct 2020. Rear sights are bright. Front sight is about 75-80% as bright as the rears after less than a year.

Judging by reviews at SIG's website, it seems prematurely dim or failing Tritium in X-ray3s is a common complaint.

https://www.sigsauer.com/x-ray3.html

If I get them replaced under warranty, I have to pay to ship the slide, and I wonder, is it worth it if they're going to prematurely dim again in a couple years? I have other guns w/ Siglite NS over eight years old that are still brighter than the X-rays.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the same experience with the fronts as you. The Siglights last way longer than the xray front. Another option is take a look at the Sig TFO front sights. Now my favorite.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
I've had the same experience with the fronts as you. The Siglights last way longer than the xray front. Another option is take a look at the Sig TFO front sights. Now my favorite.

Sounds like a good option.
Is it #8 or #6?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The X-ray sights were “the rage” when the 365 was first introduced. I purposely waited a year before purchasing a 365 and when I did, I found the Xrays most disappointing. They were dull; much darker than any Sig lights I ever owned. After only a month or so I replaced them, when I saw another 365 and realized that is the way they were, and they just were not for me.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might sound stupid but my Legion X-ray sights were looking very dull recently so I wiped them off really good and I guess it’s the shit ammo I’ve been using that’s just way dirtier then what I used to use in better times because they look as good as new now.

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:

Sounds like a good option.
Is it #8 or #6?

Your front sight will have a number on it. It will be small.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I last shot my P365XL (made in Oct 2020) this past Fri. I noticed last night that the Tritium in its front sight is almost completely dead now.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my P365 in February, front sight is completely dead. Got an RMA number from Sig, don't know if I'll have them replace with same factory sight or go with TFO. Of course, the latter will cost me. Have a full set on my G19, work well, bright, after three years.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post