SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P225a1 +1 baseplate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P225a1 +1 baseplate Login/Join 
posted
Talking on another thread made me pull out one of my 225a1's. I had always considered buying the Galloway Precision +1 baseplate but never did until recently.

The pictures on their website are awful. It makes the new baseplate look like it extends pretty far out of the mag well. Well, I just installed the first one (of 3 and perhaps more now) and in reality the baseplate is barely longer, like a tenth of an inch maybe, than the stock baseplate. In reality, it is nearly imperceptibly longer, as in why the heck didn't Sig just do this in the first place?

Anyway this is my PSA to 225a1 owners. These baseplates are fantastic. 17 bucks isn't cheap for one extra round but in my head it is worth it because of how retarded the factory baseplate was.

These are an easy win.

Edited to add: I just went back on the website to confirm what I wrote above. I am not crazy. Their pictures aren't even the same shape as the ones that arrived today. Not only that but I think in their pictures the magazine isn't even locked into the gun. They totally did themselves a disservice with those pictures. The product in hand is way better than their pictures.

Posts: 7502 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't bother. Very cheap plastic and they don't fit very well. Don't lock into place.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you figure? The instructions literally have you dremel in a set screw. If you screw that up they won’t lock. I’ve already done 3, took my time, marked them well, and they are snug as a bug. I did a little bit at a time so they are rock solid.

As for cheap plastic that’s bullshit. They are plastic. How do you know what cheap plastic is? You don’t. What you meant to say is they look 3D printed. Which makes sense because they are. I had a buddy who would shoot matches with his 3D printed Glock frame. I really don’t worry about their longevity. Lol

These things are great. No more wasted base plate space. Unless you abhor 3D printing.

Posts: 7502 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No pics?

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will get pics. I liked them so much I just bought 3 more for my spare 225a1.

I do think 17 bucks is insane for a floor plate. On the other hand I don’t have a 3D printer nor do I know how to program one so maybe it’s a bargain. lol.

My carry 225a1 is the one I bought from you Q. Grey and black G10 grips that you robbed from another gun if I recall correctly. Do you remember the model?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the grips, made by SCI, were from the Classic Carry.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

As you can see in my poor picture taking skills, the new baseplate has a very slight slant to it and is perhaps a tenth of an inch longer at the front and even to the factory at the rear.

For me, that 1/10 of an inch is easily a good trade off. No more wasted space baseplate.

When I pulled out that oily 225a I found paperwork with your name Q. Did I buy both of these from you?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did I buy both of these from you?

Nah, I only sold you one.

Q