SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield Arms Gen 2 S15 mags for the G43x/G48 available on their website
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield Arms Gen 2 S15 mags for the G43x/G48 available on their website Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Gen 2s just dropped this afternoon. Get them while you can. Limit of two at $39.99 per.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Posts: 1816 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Availability: In stock
Delivery date: 1-2 weeks

1-2 weeks to deliver "in stock" items?

Q

Posts: 26515 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
They've been out of stock for months and guys have been paying a premium for them. My guess is, they anticipate getting slammed with orders, plus everything has been slooow this past year. 7 - 14 days is nothing in my book, but YMMV.

I have no skin in the game, just giving a friendly heads up to anyone who may have been looking (and not wanting to pay the $75.00 - $100.00 they've been selling for).

Posts: 1816 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bite. What's new and improved over "gen 1?"

Wasn't "gen 1" 100 dependable? How does one improve on 100%?

The web site says the baseplate, and that it's "cosmetic."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Does someone have to spoon feed you?

https://youtu.be/aXp8CQqjwIE

posted Hide Post
Still no ambi-cut that will work if you swap the mag release to the other side.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't (yet!) have a G43X, I pre-ordered some of these a few months ago along with the recommended metal mag release. Figured I'll be getting one soon so better grab the magazines when they become available. Just got notification from Shield Arms yesterday that the order has been shipped.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Still no ambi-cut that will work if you swap the mag release to the other side.

Wrong, the Gen 2 has an ambi cut. Go to the 3:55 minute mark of the YouTube video I posted (I don't know how to hot link it).

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26515 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My preorder from March should be here Tuesday. They’ll probably be the gen2 version is my guess.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Does someone have to spoon feed you?

Nope.

Pretty much the same.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Lol, yeah, other than the ambi cut, updated follower and spring, redesigned spine, and different base plate, they're the same.

posted Hide Post
From a user perspective, I give a shit if they work. Not if the local kindergarten class wants to see them for show-and tell. Cosmetic changes, which is anything not making it more reliable or useful, don't mean much. If it ran 100% before, then the potential to increase reliability is 0%, making everything else cosmetic.

The firearm blog references an aluminum magazine release. The web site calls for the steel one.

I use the steel ones in my G43X and G48.

The shield products have been in demand all along. These, no less. They seem to run without a hitch, and while I'm all for improving ones product, what's actually improved over works-all-the-time?

I'll probably buy some of these, too. out of stock, no backorder. Always a plus, if one doesn't have to buy the "extra power" springs separately. The lifetime spring guarantee applies to extra power, or the originals?

posted Hide Post
They are gone already.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
They are gone already.

But they are taking limited backorders at this time. Max 2 per order.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My two from March came in today. Next to an original gen1 mag.
Still have the gen1 baseplates. Will load them up and go test fire.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My two from March came in today. Next to an original gen1 mag.
Still have the gen1 baseplates. Will load them up and go test fire.

According to them the backordered mags that shipped would be Gen2 but may have the Gen1 base plate.I would guess they still had some Gen1 baseplates to use up.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
follower has changed and the mag release cutout is smaller. Other than that, it feels the same. Fits the same. It was kind of hard to load the 15th round, but I was able to do it by hand. No tool needed.

I didn't have much time but I put 30 rounds of Ranger 147gr JHP and 50 rounds of Winchester 124gr FMJ through the mags with no issues. I'm carrying now with both gen2 mags. The gen1 mags I tossed in my glove box as backup.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
follower has changed and the mag release cutout is smaller. Other than that, it feels the same. Fits the same. It was kind of hard to load the 15th round, but I was able to do it by hand. No tool needed.

I didn't have much time but I put 30 rounds of Ranger 147gr JHP and 50 rounds of Winchester 124gr FMJ through the mags with no issues. I'm carrying now with both gen2 mags. The gen1 mags I tossed in my glove box as backup.

Thanks Chowser for the update.My backorder will be here Tuesday and I was able to order a couple yesterday.

posted Hide Post
I've got six or eight of these mags including one with the +5 and they have been outstanding. I almost always carry a bigger gun but I am veryy happy with the capability of the 43X MOS with these mags.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post