SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    40 cal Walther PPS M1- Convert to 9mm ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 cal Walther PPS M1- Convert to 9mm ? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Purchased 2 Walther PPS M1's after the M2 was introduced. One in 9mm, one in 40 SW.

Wonder if I found and was able to purchase a 9mm barrel, could this conversion be done? Or would it have to be a special conversion barrel , which no one will have perhaps.

Any input by the forum on this idea would be appreciated. Maybe I could try my 9mm barrel in the 40 model, just wouldn't want to damage those parts.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Too bad there's not a 357 SIG barrel for that pistol.

Posts: 107754 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
slight thread drift, but i can't remember which of the M2's one was able to convert to 10mm from 40sw.

I remember reading about it on here a few years ago.

Ah, mauser m2's

Thanks all for jocking my memory.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...840006874#7840006874

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Too bad there's not a 357 SIG barrel for that pistol.

Para, I agree. Searching the net, I found 1 PPS M1 40 cal barrel at Gun Parts, Inc.

Jarvis Barrels makes Walther barrels, but didn't see the PPS listed. I was impressed at making my Glock 22 Gen 4 a Tri Caliber, nothing against the 40, but this is just a project I've wondered about.

A 9mm barrel replacement barrel from Earls would give me a heart attack probably at the price.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post