SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EDITED: CCR Finish Questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDITED: CCR Finish Questions Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
ETA: 52% voted two-tone, but in full transparency, I was gonna get the slides refinished anyway Smile

Hopefully CCR will see this and chime in, but does anyone have experience with both the Dusk and CP-II? Reading the website would lead one to believe that the Dusk is "better" than the CP-II, but I am curious what the improvements or benefits are.

OLD POST:

Gonna let y’all decide…

Do I send the two SSEs (229 & 226) slides for refinishing for reverse two tone?

Or…

Question:
Reverse two tone or Stainless?

Choices:
Reverse Two Tone
Stainless

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nah, I'll let you decide. But, personally I love the RT look.

Original:

Slide in DLC Nitron:

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nah, I'll let you decide. But, personally I love the RT look.

Truth is, I’ve already decided Q! Wink let me make a poll!

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I would say that a RTT is overrated, but tell that to my P238, 10mm P220 and Desert Eagle.

Seems mine look better with checkered aluminim grips.

Let us know how it turns out. Wink

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer non-reflective slides in general. Doesn't hurt that the R2T has a great look to it as well.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Due to sunlight/glair/reflections I had my slide made dark.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote. I'm plain black gun guy. No nonsense. Give me a gun I can depend on and it looks beautiful to me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on all blick!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I, too, am a big fan of reverse Two Tone...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I had one of my Colt Government models finished that way by Don Williams. The frame is hard chromed, and the top Ionbond. Hard to appreciate the black Ionbond in this bad pic due to glare.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I say keep them stainless... I like the reverse two-tone look, but not enough to pay a bunch extra for it. But it's your money, so do what makes you happy.

Personally, I don't see the point in paying hundreds of dollars just to change the slide colors on pistols for purely cosmetic reasons.

Whereas, for example, if a slide was worn and needed refinishing anyway, or if a slide was being milled and had to be refinished anyway, then I'd go ahead and make that slide whatever color I want while I'm at it.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I like reverse two-tone, personally, even though the only two-tone gune I have isn't reverse.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Really digging the Nill grips also, gonna snag pairs whenever I can find em.

In my opinion only, this may be a top 3 sexiest gun.

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
I also agree that the reverse two tone looks great. Those Nills are the icing on the cake.

Posts: 447 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Reverse Two-Tone won! To the top with new questions.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2-tone with the black controls.
So, I'd vote Dusk.
If you were re-doing the controls, I'd go CP-II on silver controls.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I looked forever for a factory SIG P226 USPSA model with the stainless frame. No joy for over a decade.

I put this one together myself from a standard P226 Stainless Elite in .40 S&W. The black nitron 9mm top end came from a different purchase.
That 9mm top end would not fit on another project without barrel fitting, so I tried it on the P226 frame in 40 and it fit without any fitting.
Here is the result. It still retains the 40 cal ejector, but functions flawlessly in 9mm. I also installed the chrome/phosphate factory SIG barrel in the upgrade.

IMG_20211116_143400002 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1547 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
James,

The Dusk is CPII, but with the added black "color". Used to be called CPII Dusk, when it first came out. So, one is not "better" than the other. They are both their top quality finishes.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
James,

The Dusk is CPII, but with the added black "color". Used to be called CPII Dusk, when it first came out. So, one is not "better" than the other. They are both their top quality finishes.

Got it, thanks, I saw it mention the CP process in the description of "Dusk" so was just curious. Thanks Q.

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had CCR do the frame of my 70 Series Gold Cup in CPII and I really like it. It is very easy to clean also.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post