SIGforum
P365 12-round magazines

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2880005244

June 01, 2018, 07:03 AM
snoris
P365 12-round magazines
My P365 has arrived! Born date is May 21st, picked it up from my FFL on May 30th.

I got two 12-round extended magazines and they’re both pretty tight—-they’ll only hold 11 rounds and the 12th round jist won’t quite go in.

What’s everybody’s experience with this? I’m assuming that once I put several magazines through the gun at the range, the springs will start letting the 12th round in, but I wanted to see what everyone else is seeing.

Thanks!
June 01, 2018, 07:21 AM
stoic-one
I usually load them with as many as they'll take using a maglula, if they come up short so be it. Let them sit over night.

Next day unload them, load them again, cycle them a few times. Usually after a couple iterations they loosen up. But yeah, shooting them accomplishes the same thing.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
June 01, 2018, 08:33 AM
rockchalk06
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I usually load them with as many as they'll take using a maglula, if they come up short so be it. Let them sit over night.

Next day unload them, load them again, cycle them a few times. Usually after a couple iterations they loosen up. But yeah, shooting them accomplishes the same thing.

This ^

Except I will take them apart first, clean them well and load them. I generally will load two rounds and firmly bang the bottom of the mag on my palm letting the rounds set.

I have some crap aluminum cased ammo that I use for this. I will leave them fully loaded for a few days. This always seems to work fine. I can now load 12 by hand with no issues now.
June 01, 2018, 09:04 AM
Bob RI
Number 12 was a little tough at first but easier as time goes on. No problems overall.
June 01, 2018, 11:25 AM
JGIORD
I never had any issues loading the 12 rd mags.
June 01, 2018, 11:45 AM
az4783054
My 12 rd magazine was initially a bear to load all 12 rounds. It doesn't help that the P365 magazines are so small to hold onto. I finally invested in a MAGLULA loader making it much easier.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
June 01, 2018, 11:51 AM
sns3guppy
I loaded them by hand, 12 rounds, no problem.

I also cycled them through the pistol repeatedly at the range. No issues at all.
June 02, 2018, 05:27 PM
RC
I can get 12 rounds in no problem,

But

When I carry I only load 11 in the spare mag

With 12 in the mag and the slide forward it really takes an effort to seat the mag.

I would rather be a round short than not get the mag seated all the way when or if it is needed

RC
June 02, 2018, 05:56 PM
ARMT Guy
For the most part, all of my twelve rounders were loaded fairly easily. Sometimes, the last round was a little tough to get in, but with a bit more effort and resting it on the shooting bench, I could get it topped off.

The ten rounders seemed to be a bit more of a pain in the rump to fully load than the twelves.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."