SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vortex Venom Red Dot optic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Venom Red Dot optic Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Anyone have experience with is optic? Idea would be to add it onto a 9mm.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1523 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've been using one on my PCC for a couple of months now. It works well and I got a good deal on it, but I'm going to try using a Trijicon MRO with a green 2 MOA dot that I bought recently from another SF member recently. I like the green for daylight shooting and I think the new optic will work better on close/small targets that my Venom 6 MOA covered up.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have two, 3 MOA and 6 MOA, both work well, fit nicely, it's good to have the battery replacement from the top so you don't have to remove the optic to replace it if needed.

For the money its a decent optic,

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 of them, have used them all on 9mm pistols, some with bridge mounts, some with sight mounts, and haven't had any trouble with any of them. They can be had for as little as $210, and as HRK says, are decent for the money spent.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using a Vortex Venom 6MOA on both of my P320 X5's I use for USPSA and Steel Challenge and on both of my S&W Model 41's that I use for Steel Challenge for the last 2 seasons and I have not had an issue with any of them.

One of the X5's has a little over 10,000 rounds through it and the backup a little over 2,000 rounds.

The 41's have around 5,000 through each.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Ruger MK IV Tactical 22/45. It works great, no problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ogie,

Posts: 6604 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
WildSig, what irons are you using for that optic? I cant seem to find a pair that lets me cowitness. Thanks. Sorry for the
thread drift OP.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Ruger MKIV Tactical and one on a MKIV Target and really like them.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To those who own one of these, do you favor a 3 or 6 MOA dot? Considering putting one on my new Buckmark.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 MOS, so far no problems.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
To those who own one of these, do you favor a 3 or 6 MOA dot? Considering putting one on my new Buckmark.

I've got a 3 and like it fine. As you bump up the brightness, the dot gets bigger.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I had one on my Steel Challenge PPQ slide. It survived a couple of months, then started going on and off with each cycle or being whacked with my hand. They replaced it, but I wouldn't use it for anything serious.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone manage to kill one of these off yet? Trying to get an idea of it's longevity/durability, especially on a pistol.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Anyone manage to kill one of these off yet? Trying to get an idea of it's longevity/durability, especially on a pistol.

Mine was not reliable. The battery would lose contact in recoil and flicker or shut off. It would usually turn back on with recoil. I basically had to shim the battery up into the unit to keep the red dot running. The bottom mounted battery is a huge downside as well.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I had one on my Steel Challenge PPQ slide. It survived a couple of months, then started going on and off with each cycle or being whacked with my hand. They replaced it, but I wouldn't use it for anything serious.

yes, this...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 12 gauge turkey gun. So far it's worked well and the recoil hasn't been an issue.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

Mine was not reliable. The battery would lose contact in recoil and flicker or shut off. It would usually turn back on with recoil. I basically had to shim the battery up into the unit to keep the red dot running. The bottom mounted battery is a huge downside as well.

Mine is top loading. No down side with mine.

Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of them and they have been GTG!

Posts: 1342 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

Mine is top loading. No down side with mine.

D’oh. I stand corrected. Mine was a VIPER not a VENOM. Disregard my previous comments. I have no experience with the venom optic.

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I have two...one was on a G19 MOS for 2,800 rounds until I sold it recently and another on a S&W Victory with roughly 3k on it. Never any issues.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post