SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I am not a gunsmith ( p210 related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am not a gunsmith ( p210 related) Login/Join 
posted
Sigh.

So. Let’s just get the “you idiot” comments out of the way, I knew better but well, sometimes we just do things don’t we?

I wanted to upgrade the magazine release in both my p210 carry (which I do intend to carry) and my p210 6 inch super target (that I do want to shoot some sort of competition with) with an armory craft extended mag release.

The video I found said to use a plastic bag to take these things apart. I’m smarter than that, I can handle this in five minutes.

One spring is currently on its way out of orbit, another is bent, the p210 Carry’s magazine release is frozen solid.

I will call armory craft and just Hope the idiot tax isn’t to high.

Pray for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: leonidas211,

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one thing I appreciate about Beretta. On their G conversions they actually put 2 of each tiny little spring and 2 of the tiny little detents. I launched one set to heaven knows where before I started doing the ziploc bag trick. We have all been there. Sucks.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a cat. Mine sits under the bench when I work on my guns and he does a great job of chasing down loose small parts.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat, eh? Breaking out in hives just thinking about it. Wink I think I'll stick with the 2 gallon freezer bag. I don't hafta feed a freezer bag. Razz

Seriously, those Hefty 2 gallon bags that I use have spared me from a lot of lost small parts grief.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
This is one thing I appreciate about Beretta. On their G conversions they actually put 2 of each tiny little spring and 2 of the tiny little detents. I launched one set to heaven knows where before I started doing the ziploc bag trick. We have all been there. Sucks.

I did notice this when I did mine...very cool on the part of Beretta to do that, and it probably cuts down on requests from customers wanting replacements for lost pins and springs.

I once launched a P320 striker safety spring into a pile of sawdust in my garage. By some miracle I found it again. The ziplock bag trick can be a lifesaver. Best of luck as you source replacements. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to complete a project because you're short 2 tiny pieces Frown.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I launched the little locking tab on a P320 safety somewhere around my desk in my office. I found the little spring but the little plastic tab has yet to be rediscovered. Luckily I had a few spare grip modules sitting around to harvest a spare. Good luck.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still looking for a Magpul nut from a rear sight from 4 years ago....VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I once lost control of the bolt cocking piece on an old Winchester .22. Ducking, I heard three distinct ricochets. The TV did not survive!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At least you tried. I hate that you tried it on a P210 but, at least, you tried.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
At least you tried. I hate that you tried it on a P210 but, at least, you tried.

Most of the modern stuff. I can work my way around it and ARs, hence my thoughts this was an easy task. I continue to kick myself.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ruger revolvers have launch capable parts, too.

Mine launched a spring and plunger into a full garage trash can. Sawdust, floor sweepings, paper, grease, rags, broken parts, you name it. Two hours on a glass topped patio table and I had my part back.

I love freezer bags now.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Slight variation on the freezer bag technique. I use a large plastic bin with 2 magnetic parts trays. Gives me a lot more room--if a part is launched, it ends up in the magnet tray.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Slight variation on the freezer bag technique. I use a large plastic bin with 2 magnetic parts trays. Gives me a lot more room--if a part is launched, it ends up in the magnet tray.

Yea. I’ve started setting that up.

As an update. I’ve emailed both Armory Craft and sig.

The good news is, I did find a spring.

The bad news is. The magazine release button is now frozen in the p210 carry. Won’t budge.

Im done. These are being sent out.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member