SIGforum
P226 in LGS

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2850010754

May 22, 2019, 03:14 PM
striperkid
P226 in LGS
Was browsing the LGS and saw they had a P226 9mm (non rail) priced at $400. I didn't get a chance to handle it but it looked really clean. If I didn't already have (2), I'd probably buy it solely based on the price. The slide said "Made in Exeter NH" whereas the ones I own have "Made in W Germany". Maybe it's a mid 90's model ?

I'm going to head back there this weekend and look at it again (if it's still there) and decide what I want to do.

Thoughts on price?
May 22, 2019, 03:20 PM
Exeter rollmarked W. German SIGs are from 1990 to 1995. Date code should tell you the exact proofed year.

Q

May 22, 2019, 03:36 PM
pbramlett
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
Was browsing the LGS and saw they had a P226 9mm (non rail) priced at $400. I didn't get a chance to handle it but it looked really clean. If I didn't already have (2), I'd probably buy it solely based on the price. The slide said "Made in Exeter NH" whereas the ones I own have "Made in W Germany". Maybe it's a mid 90's model ?

I'm going to head back there this weekend and look at it again (if it's still there) and decide what I want to do.

Thoughts on price?

I'd buy it as well. Good trading fodder

Regards,

P.
May 22, 2019, 07:56 PM
Nipper
It's a steal. Unfortunately (for sellers), DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up. I'd at least try and knock him down a little, since most buyers aren't into DA/SA.

Nothing wrong with Exeter. My first Sig, P229 .40 DA/SA (1996), has over 47,000 rounds through it and is still going strong.

May 22, 2019, 07:59 PM
Blue Dog
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
It's a steal. Unfortunately, DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up.

My da/sa are outa favor. What i'm a gonna do with them
May 22, 2019, 08:05 PM
Nipper
Keep them. Big Grin

I love my Sig DA/SA .40's. But they aren't worth squat on the market.

May 22, 2019, 08:15 PM
Blue Dog
quote:
Keep them. Big Grin

I love my Sig DA/SA .40's. But they aren't worth squat on the market.

Messing with you Nipper. I like my da/sa, glocks and dak. Shoot them all good but i like my P series da/sa the best.
May 22, 2019, 08:37 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
It's a steal. Unfortunately, DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up.

My da/sa are outa favor. What i'm a gonna do with them

I will mail you a prepaid box and packaging label with my FFLs address and contact info. Once received, mail to FFL and email me any FFL and shipping costs, I will PayPal you reimbursement within 12 hours of receipt. I will also kindly extend the same offer the same to any SigForum member that needs help to dispose of these antiquated firearms. I make this offer to all purely as a service to the forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 22, 2019, 08:53 PM
Blue Dog
Back to the op if you like it you better get it before someone else does. Good luck on whatever you do. Skins I aint giving anything up. If you have a p239 9mm i got a karma going on for some 9mm mags.
May 22, 2019, 09:01 PM
Skins2881
OK, Blue the offer stands if you need to dispose those troublesome DA/SAs I'm always there for you.

OP, check rails and barrels for wear. SIGs will always show their use/care, easy to tell a well cared for and lightly used SIG. If in good shape, I'd buy it in a second. It's easily worth $50 more than list price if it's in great shape.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 23, 2019, 12:25 AM
YooperSigs
I would jump and immediately ship it to Sig for the SSP. Will be essentially new!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
May 23, 2019, 10:14 AM
Mike S
I'd definitely buy it for $400.