SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NEW Ruger Security 380 pistol with 15 round capacity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Ruger Security 380 pistol with 15 round capacity Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Looks like Ruger released a new double stack pistol today. Comes with 10 round and 15 round extended magazine. I wish it was larger (4 inch barrel) and lacked a safety, but this is a good start and should be a decent seller for Ruger. Alright Smith & Wesson, time to release a double stack .380 pistol to compete.

https://www.ruger.com/products...urity380/models.html

Posts: 6702 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Like it, not sure I would swap out my LCP Max 380 though for 5 more rounds and 9 more oz (almost double the weight of the LCP Max)

Will have to check it out though...

Posts: 24113 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Ruger saw how many EZ and now equalizers S&W is selling, and wanted in on the party. In all fairness, they were into concealed hammer guns for a long time.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is that portng, or just lightening holes, in the slide?

Posts: 28527 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just like those holes on the SIG Spectre PRO or whatever.

Q

Posts: 27409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it DAO or DA/SA ? Looks to be the same size as the 365 to me.

Posts: 983 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those holes look like lightening holes. You can see the solid barrel underneath in the top picture. Plus, that amount of porting would vent off almost all of the gas.

Posts: 3400 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd rather keep the .0002 ounces than to have those holes drilled in the slide. Terrible trend right now and ugly.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be a nice gun for those in the EZ/equalizer/pk380 type realm. Haven’t seen one in person yet but if it’s easy rack, high capacity, and good price price seems like it could do well. Msrp is under smith.. I’m assuming street price will be around $300 which is around $100 less than ez380 so it could be a good buy

And I like slide cuts so I think it looks cool

Posts: 1314 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
...not sure I would swap out my LCP Max 380 though for 5 more rounds and 9 more oz (almost double the weight of the LCP Max)

LCP Max 12rd mag does not add much length, so you're only gaining 3 more rounds for a lot more size & weight.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Larger size pistols have less recoil and are easier to use for those with hand strength issues. This gun isn’t meant to compete with ultra small conceal carry pistols like the LCP Max.

Posts: 6702 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

It's internal hammer-fired DAO. And, it's slightly bigger than the P365.

Q

Posts: 27409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It needs to be uglier.

Hayzoos Kristo Roll Eyes

This is what the current trend in pistol texturing looks like to me:

Oh, yeah, all of it is pasta, and that's about it. Put this texture next to those serrations, and drill some holes in the slide, maybe towards the front or on the sides or on the back and top. Whatever you do, make it a complete trainwreck to the human eye. You're required by law under the Fugly Pistol Act of 2012 to make your pistols look like shit.

Don't forget the fragile-looking front sight with the zombie green insert.

Posts: 108894 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

It's internal hammer-fired DAO. And, it's slightly bigger than the P365.

Thanks Q, I like the DAO but like most the slide holes and anemic attempt at front slide serrations make it weird. I like Ruger pistols but they could have done better.

Posts: 983 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ll stick with my SIG P238. If I didn’t get ‘im in 8 rounds I’d be shaking so much I couldn’t shoot straight anyway. And it’s much more concealable.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9387 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
One of these came through my local fun store 2 weeks ago in pristine condition so I acquired it. What it lacks in looks it more than makes up for in capabilities. The slide is easily manipulated. After a range visit with an older fellow with reduced hand strength and a few women who all were impressed with the reduced tension slide. Accuracy was decent as was the reset on the trigger. My initial $275 investment seems to be a hit. I plan to use this pistol to introduce newbies to the sport. This pistol compares as favorable alternative to the S&W Ez line up. Only possible downside is its caliber (380) but that debate will rage on.

Posts: 13854 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
This is my wifes' EDC. She absolutely loves it. It's like the EZ 380 but with much better sights & twice the capacity.
Easy to rack, accurate & the trigger is pretty good. A pretty good pistol for under $300.
(And I have no issues or bias against the 380)

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 720 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Designed under the duress of a bad Fentanyl high. The slide even has the track holes to prove it.

-MG

Posts: 2178 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the holes are to lighten the slide and reduce the spring tension needed to move it, which means it will be easier to load a round for those with less hand strength?

It's the trend in firearms, perhaps it's what customers want after watching Wick and his custom pistols, much like the demand for the 44 Mag Model 27 when Dirty Harry came out.

Also a way for manufacturers to create a smaller lighter carry pistol as laws favor concealed carry nationwide..

Posts: 24113 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post